TypeWriter Mode: 2/3 Page Cursor?

I am not sure if this goes into the wish list or help forum actually, depending on whether this feature exists now or not. That said, I would like to know (or add the suggestion for it) whether there is a way to move the cursor line in Typewriter mode from halfway down the page to closer to 2/3 down the page. I especially want to move it down for Composition mode!!

I love how typewriter mode keeps up with my writing, scrolling as I type, but I HATE the huge blank space at the bottom of the screen! It just reminds me of how much I haven’t written and that’s depressing. I also dislike the fact that I can only see a few paragraphs above the cursor! I really want my cursor line to be lower so that I can see more of what I’ve written at the top, and less blank space at the bottom.

And yes I know about shrinking the paper height in Composition mode. I’ve done that, turning off Typewriter mode and shrinking the paper height, but if I have the paper narrow enough that the bottom is 2/3 of the way down the screen, it cuts off so much of what I’ve written at the top that it’s annoying.

Thank you in advance if anyone knows how to move the cursor line down; and if that isn’t possible, I hope we can have that in the future? :slight_smile:

The option is entitled “Typewriter scroll line” and can be found in the “Editor” pane of the preferences.
All the best,
Keith

Yeeey! Thank you so much! I thought there might already be a setting for this since Scrivener is in fact perfect. I just didn’t see it among all the various options available, thank you so much for pointing it out. :smiley: :smiley:

I do not find this option in Tools>Options>Editor (or anywhere else) on Scrivener for Windows v1.6…
Is it Mac-only for now?

b

Yes, Windows does not yet have options for the placement of the typewriter line.