typing sounds with end-of-line bell

Not a biggie by any means. Just a comfort thing.

Various ways of doing this. Most of them are free or nearly so: e.g. http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/14/make-your-mac-keyboard-sound-like-a-typewriter-with-noisey-typer/ and http://sustworks.com/site/prod_keyclick_overview.html. Or of course, you could invest in something like this:

Or even this:

Any suggestions for Windows users, as that is the platform the OP is using?

Surface Pro should make a good typewriter accessory.

How often must the ribbon be changed?