Unknown Error - Any Advice??

Everytime I open my current project I keep getting the following error:

Errors reading project.
Error: Error reading template info: Line:1 Column:2 Error:1

Anyone have any idea what it’s talking about? I don’t have a clue. Thanks.

See the following thread…

Key portion of that thread follows. I assume a fix will be included in the next update.

Re: Error reading project after udpate

Postby MimeticMouton on Wed May 28, 2014 6:40 am
The error check is relatively new, so you wouldn’t have seen it in an earlier version. This isn’t anything to worry about, as the file in question isn’t a necessary part of the project–it’s just an XML file that is used to auto-populate the template info if you use Save As Template from the project.

You should be able to fix the problem by going into the project’s .scriv folder when the project is closed in Scrivener and in the Settings folder, deleting the “templateinfo.xml” file.

I had the same problem after an electricity outage switched off my computer in the middle of a writing session.

Fortunately I didn’t lose anything but the error message was annoying every time I opened the project.

Deleting the template info xml thingy worked.