Update Error! (after Check for Updates)

Selecting Help→Check for Updates leads to “Update Error!”

[attachment=0]Screen%20Shot%202020-11-16%20at%2013.08.15.png[/attachment]

Same here

Download from here?

literatureandlatte.com/scri … s?os=macOS

BUT read this first:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/bug-instacrash-after-3-2-upgrade/93358/6

That download is still 3.1.5. I think it’s because they restored 3.1.5 as the main download version.

I’m getting the same update error, and I wouldn’t doubt it has something to do with them pulling 3.2 and reverting. Best just to sit tight and wait for the fix.

Direland is correct: the updater is reporting an error because the 3.2 update has been pulled due to crashes. Thank you for your patience.

If you need to revert to Scrivener 3.1.5, you can download it here:
literatureandlatte.com/down … _3.1.5.zip

Katherine

Ah, should have read further down the list before posting in another thread.

I am getting this same error message when selecting “Check for Updates”. I originally update my 3.1.5 through the “Check for Updates” to 3.2. Without the ability to update, I will have no way to apply future patches and/ or versions.

I am running MacOS 10.15.7

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 11.42.03 AM.jpg[/attachment]

You can download from the website any time you like. You do not have to go through the updater.

Go to the “Instacrash…” thread, where Keith posted the link to a new trial version which seems to be working for those who have installed it, including me on both !0.15.7 and 10.13.6.

:slight_smile:

Mark

Mark – the error message is a different problem, though, and I don’t think Keith has fixed that yet (as I write this).

Edit: or maybe not! [url]https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/bug-instacrash-after-3-2-upgrade/93358/27]. It is getting a bit confusing!

3.2 is now live again (an updated version that fixes the crasher) and automatic updates have thus been restored.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks

I still get the same error message.

It was pulled again because of another crash.

Same here. And the download link for version 3.2 on literatureandlatte.com/scri … s?os=macOS still gives me a file that is version 3.1.5.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache before re-downloading?

:slight_smile:

Mark

As I posted above, it’s been pulled again. If you search the forum, you will find an announcement to that effect.

Edit: the announcement is here [url]Bug: Instacrash after 3.2 upgrade - #43 by KB]

^^This is the only place I could find version 3.2

The version posted in that thread will crash on the next Big Sur release (11.1) - beware.

Thanks for the heads up, do you know when a fix will be released?

Thanks