Update error?

Hi,

I can’t seem to update my scrivener. I’m not sure what the issue is, please help!

When checking for updates, I see

“UPDATE ERROR!”
An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.

What version do you have? The current version is 3.3.1. Is yours an older version that you need to update? Did you buy directly from Lit&Lat or from the Mac App Store?

If the former, go to the website and download it from there and install; if the latter, check your Mac App Store account.

I think there was a thread about the internal update not working on some older version.

Mark

Hi,

Never used the App Store version, only the one from the website. I was one update below the latest. I tried checking for updates, but it gave me an error.

I decided to download the latest version on the website and override my current one and that seems to work :slight_smile:

I’ve got a feeling the previous one might have been the one where the internal update threw an error for whatever reason.

Anyway, glad you’ve got it sorted.

:smiley:

Mark

This can also happen if your route to the server is down for whatever reason, and such problems usually go away after a few minutes, or hours at the most. I just ran a quick test with 3.2.3 to make sure it could see the update file and it looks good on my end at this point in time.

Glad you found the update in the end!