using old draft as reference for new draft???

Hi, folks,

I’m just starting up with Scrivener and I’d like to use an old pre-scrivener draft (Word) as a reference/jumping off point for the new draft.

Any advice on a good way to have that old draft up as reference while working on the new draft?

Thanks!

Danno

Just drag it into the references section, and use split view as necessary?

If you see the difference being one of extensive editing, and don’t want to retype from the ground up, drag it into the binder, drag another copy into references, then as mamster suggests, have the one you’re editing in the active split and the reference one in the other split.
Actually, when I am sent a translation to edit, I create two folders in the binder, one called “Original Translation” or something similar, the other something like “Edit 1”. I work on the copy in “Edit 1”, with the Chinese text up in the second split. That way, if I really feel I am not getting it right in some part, I still have the original translation to go back to and start again on that bit. Come to think of it, I ought perhaps to put the “Original Translation” copy and the Chinese original in the References, rather than under “Draft” … hmm … :bulb:
Mark

Sure, that works fine, to put old draft in one pane of split view and work on the new draft in the other pane.

Thanks!
Danno