Validation Error when Compiling to ePub

I submitted a revised compiled ePub file to Smashwords and it was rejected due to an ePub error:

“Error while parsing file ‘element “p” not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element “li”’. (ERROR)”

I also ran the file through the online ePub validator and got a bunch of these errors:

ERROR OPS/body1.xhtml 15 24 Error while parsing file ‘element “p” not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element “li”’

I have never had these problems before with Scrivener. I am using the latest version: 1.9.9.0.

Any ideas?

I am somewhat dismayed (and irritated) that I have received zero response to my problem.

For me, it is a show stopper when Scrivener is throwing out error codes in ePub validation apps and that is causing my books to be blocked from wide distribution on Smashwords.

This has forced me to change my ePub production workflow.

Does anyone care?

1. This is a user forum, and though members of the support team do participate, they have been on holiday over the festive season and are undoubtedly coping with a large backlog of support requests which came in over those two weeks.

2. Have you searched through these forums for other threads asking the same or similar questions, and have the answers to them been helpful?

Mark

1. Have you emailed technical support to engage official tech support?

I thought I would post here because the forum is entitled: Technical Support (Windows).

Bug report submitted.