Ventura?

Is Scrivener ok on Ventura?

I have been using Scrivener 3 with all the betas. It has been rock solid since developer beta 3, or was it 4? Either way, it is good to go!

If in doubt, make certain you have an updated Time Machine backup before upgrading. That way you can restore your computer to the previous OS in a jiffy.

ā€¦just donā€™t do what I did. I got ā€œlook at the shinny!ā€ and insisted on running betas of everything. lol.

2 Likes

No. I got a warning immediately to move Scrivener to the trash. Itā€™s definitely not compatible with Ventura.

1 Like

Just updated. No such message. At least the basics seem to work just fine during a quick test.

Are you maybe on an older version of Scrivener?

1 Like

I deleted Scrivener and reinstalled the same version, and this time it worked. I guess the upgrade to Ventura had a bug on my machine because the Scrivener software is the same as before. Weird.

1 Like

No problems so far (didnā€™t try every feature, of course).

2 Likes

Weā€™re not (yet) aware of any issues with Ventura.

However, itā€™s never a bad idea to wait a few weeks before installing a new operating system release. Especially if you have an imminent deadline or would otherwise face a crisis if your computer misbehaved.

FWIW, I will not be upgrading my own Mac for a little while yet.

4 Likes

Mine did the same thing. I had to delete Scrivener and reinstall and now it works.

2 Likes

Upgraded this morning. Been using Scrivener with no issues since.

1 Like

Only found one issue so far: Ventura / Stage Manager bug

1 Like

Yesterday I updated to Ventura with two M1 and M2 Macs from MacOS Monterey. I didnā€™t face any problems with Scriver. I have no problems with Stage Manager and didnā€™t have to reinstall Scrivener.

4 Likes

After I upgraded to Ventura my Mac told me Scrivener wasnā€™t working. So I re-downloaded it from the App Store. when I try to open it my Mac says ā€œThe developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.ā€ Iā€™ve restarted my Mac just in case and it still says the same thing. AFAIK I have version 3 bought via the Mac App Store.

1 Like

Iā€™ve an M1 Mac on Ventura 13.0

2 Likes

Make sure youā€™ve downloaded the latest version of Scrivener 3, which is 3.2.3.

To see if itā€™s an issue with the Apple Store version, you can also download directly from our site, here: Download Scrivener | Literature & Latte

1 Like

Itā€™s not Scrivener related. Got the same error some hours ago when launching ImageOptim on a different machine for the first time after the Ventura update. Installed a fresh copy over it and that fixed the problem. Probably some corrupted XProtect signatures cache or whatever.

1 Like

Did downloading from the website solve your issue?

It has for now. But I bought the app from Apple. I donā€™t know if this download Iā€™ve installed is just a trial or is an update for my bought-from-Apple version of Scrivener. Do you know?

1 Like

Those two are separate (in other words: The non-App-store-version is on trial now looks like I was wrong regarding the activation).

2 Likes

ā€˜The direct-sale versions of our software have been designed to look for Appleā€™s proof of purchase certificates on your computer. So long as you have run the Mac App Store version at least once, you will be able to run the regular version as fully activated software, rather than in demo mode.ā€™

https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/purchasing-and-installation/installing-the-direct-sale-version-as-a-mac-app-store-customer

3 Likes

OK that sounds good, thanks

2 Likes