View Specific Custom Metadata with Certain Labels/Keywords/Status

This is something I have been thinking about for a while ever since custom meta data was released for Windows, and since I didn’t see a post about it I thought maybe I should post this. Currently, custom meta data will show on all documents, which makes it a bit more generalized. However, I would like to suggest that custom meta data is visible in all documents unless you select it to only be visible if a document has specific label, keyword, and or status.

Examples:

• Your document has the Character label. The custom meta data you want to show with the Character label would be: Age, Gender, Birth date, Goal, Affiliation, etc.

• Your document has the Scene label and the Scene Action keyword. The custom meta data you want to show with the Scene label would be: Location, Time, Duration, POV, Tension, etc. The custom meta data you want to show with the Scene Action keyword would be: Action, Conflict, Outcome.

• Your document has the Chapter label and the Final Draft status. The custom meta data you want to show with the Chapter label would be: Act, Chapter opening hook, How does it move the story forward, What must happen in this chapter, Chapter ending hook, etc. The custom meta data you want to show with the Final Draft status would be: Completed on, Revised/Edited by, etc.

Of course there are other ways people could mix and match the custom meta data with labels, keywords, and statuses, but this is the main thing I can think of with my workflow.