Welcome to our new team member - our iOS developer

Keith, you said I should check back “early next year.” I’m glad I did. Can’t wait.

Wow! Pressure sensitive stylus for my art and scrivener for my writing. Fewer and fewer reasons to go back to my MacBook each evening! Great work gang!

Fantastic. I’ve been an iPad sceptic so far (though a longtime Mac and iPhone user), but I think L&L just sold me an iPad 3. I think that will come out next month; don’t make us wait too long for Scrivener for iOS!

@radicaldog: you will enjoy working on the iPad. I can get a lot of work done on it

Fantastic! Three cheers!

Hear! Hear!

Looking forward to Scrivener for the iPad. Any idea of a launch date? And will we be able to sync our files with Dropbox or a similar program?

Thanks!

khalil

Can’t wait.

:slight_smile:

I’ve used the trial version of Scrivener for Windows, but I’m really holding out for the iOS version.

Being new here, I’m behind on the development news - is there a release date yet?

Hello again!

I imagine that it must be a pretty time-intensive task to generate something as complex as Scrivener on an entirely new platform and have it work seamlessly with the versions that live on other OSes…

… so I guess that explains why we haven’t heard back on a release date. Too busy coding to look at the forums, right?

Right?

The reason that no release date has been posted is that we are nowhere near to having a release date yet.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Does that mean that the previous “end of 2012/early 2013” has been blown out of the water? As an iPad 1 owner, I have to consider when I need to upgrade my hardware…

“End of 2012” is now unlikely, but “Early 2013” is still the aim.

What are the likely minimum hardware/iOS requirements?

A relative in the cellphone business is going to keep an eye out for used iphone for me. I want to try to make sure it’ll be Scrivener for iOS compatible.

(Subforum link in first post sends me to: “You are not authorised to read this forum”, so I’m posting question here, apologies if it’s the wrong place.)

Thanks for the update, Keith! (Just remembered it’s a whole year since I met you at BristolCon!)

@wordchiseler - assuming that Scrivener can even run on an iPhone (I suspect not, based on screenshots - not all apps can run on both sized devices) I think you’re looking at a 3GS minimum. My husband has upgraded his to iOS6, but my 3G wouldn’t even run iOS4 at a usable speed.

Blimey, a whole year - I meant to attend this year, too, whoops. I didn’t realise it was you. :slight_smile:

This is one of the few forums where I still have my old, anonymous username - I’m Anne Lyle everywhere else now!

If you just want a mobile device that’s not too expensive, an iPod Touch that can run iOS 6 should suffice. I’m pretty sure the aim was to target both platforms with the same app, though that may be unrealistic if even 1/10th of Scrivener’s capabilities are to be shoehorned onto the device. I’d wait until it’s actually released before making a purchase, and then get the most advanced, least expensive device that will suit your needs.

There is good news? When will the program for iOS?