Welcome to our new team member - our iOS developer

Personally I envisage starting my projects off in Scrivener for OSX and then syncing to my iPad for working on the move. I’ve been using Scrivener since 2007 and don’t use a word-processor at all any more, except for checking my publishers’ copyedits. Why would you, when Scriv is a perfect writing environment all by itself? :slight_smile:

At the moment I use Notebooks and Dropbox to sync my iPad with Scrivener, but it’s not perfect because you can only sync as plain text (and AFAIK it’s Mac-only).

I wouldn’t wait if I were you. There’s no guarantee the app will be out this year - though I very much hope it is, as I have a new project waiting in the wings. It would be so cool to have it in time for NaNoWriMo!

I will use Scrivener + Dropbox for text editing and writing new chapters. I’m very important! I can not wait for the Scrivener for iPad… :frowning:

Why are you very important?

I write in the road.

[attachment=0]untitled.jpg[/attachment]
untitled.jpg

Foxy, Prohorenkov is very special, because his posts don’t even register. So far, his number of post shows 0
Weird or wot?
vic

Priceless, lol!

I am looking forward to an iOS version of Scrivener. I travel for my day job and would love to be able to use Scrivener on my iPad. Personally, I would love to have it replicate the program as much as possible since I would like to be able to work “normally” when traveling without having to spend time updating my home version with anything I write on the go. Saying that, I would love for it to be able to automatically sync between the versions using Dropbox and/or iCloud (though I have to date found Dropbox more reliable).

I’m recognize the enormity of the task, so even getting a scaled down version that has the binders, word processing capabilities, and some form of automatic syncing (without all the other bells and whistles in Scrivener) would be nice.