what is the simplest way to copy, edit or insert document title ?

the only way that I found was to double click on the document title in the Binder, and either select all → copy, or edit the title. It’s a bit messy because editing often deletes first because whole title is selected, etc

I could not find neither a ‘copy title’ or an ‘edit title’ Scrivener Menu item.

When editing the document, I was also wondering if there is a quick and simple way to insert the document title, apart from double click in Binder → select→ copy→ navigate to Editor → paste

thanks in advance for your time and help

Click on the Binder title, click again, use the arrows to move the cursor, edit.

Why would you want to copy a documents Binder title to the text in the document?

I recommend memorizing a few basic keyboard shortcuts. For me, this has made Scrivener navigation so much faster; I use the keyboard as much as possible.

Navigate to the title of the current editor: ^⌥⌘T

Another useful shortcut is to set the title to text in the editor. This is: ⇧⌥⌘T

thanks very much. Exactly what I was looking for.

because it’s useful with a simple (non compiled) print

thank you for your post

I use the T shortcut in most cases as well, it’s very handy. But if the keyboard focus is currently in a group view, I’ll just use ⌘C (no need to edit the name!). Normally if you were to then paste that into a text editor it would create a link back to the item, so to avoid that, use Paste and Match Style.

This is also the best way to get a list of multiple item names, one per line.