Where do I find templates in iOS Scrivener

The second question in less than 24 hours, I’m sorry. I’ve been hunting around diligently, though, and can’t find the answer to another simple question.

I’m trying to set up a new project as a screenplay. Apparently there’s a template for this. I see nothing anywhere in the app, though. I see only the Templates folder in the tutorial, which has only a couple of samples.
Help!

It sounds that you’re thinking of the project templates available in desktop Scrivener. They’re not available in iOS Scriv, but you can transfer or sync them to iOS Scriv from desktop Scriv.

Ah.

If this is the situation, I’m disappointed. Not quite what I expected when I read it was possible to do script writing with iOS version.

I don’t have Scrivener for iOS, but this is from the tutorial that is included with the iOS app. Hope it helps.

Slàinte mhòr.

Scriptwriting in Scrivener for iOS.pdf (24.3 KB)

@RobSF: You don’t need a project template to do scriptwriting on iOS.:slight_smile:

1. Create your new project.
  2. Open your project, then tap the gear icon at the bottom left.
  3. Tap on the scriptwriting item
  4. Turn on “Allow Scriptwriting”
  5. Optionally, turn on “Hide left margin” (I find this helpful if I’m on the iPhone, or if I do any split-screen work on the iPad. Your choice.)
  6. Initially, there is no Auto-Complete list. It will be created, and your characters and locations will be automatically added as you work through your script.You can come back here after you’ve got some and delete any you don’t need.
  7. Tap “Done” in the upper right.

Now you can tap on “Untitled Document” in your new script, then tap on the (i) icon. Towards the bottom of the Inspector pane, turn on Scriptwriting. The icon will change to a yellow, heavily indented document; this is your visual cue that this document is part of your script. If ever you create a new document and it isn’t yellow, all you have to do is go to its Inspector and turn on Scriptwriting.

Hope this helps!

And after doing the above, set aside that project with a name like “Script Starter”, and from now one duplicate it to create a new project from it when needed.

That’s all templates do, really. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much, SilverDragon! I’m off and running!