Which version of Scrivener do I have?

Hello again. How do I see which version of Scrivener I have? I have had it for a while and so am thinking it might 1.0. If it is, is it possible to upgrade directly from 1.0 to 3.0? I saw a thread that details how to upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 but nothing mentioned for anything older than that.

Thanks.

Download 3 and install it in a different folder/directory from your current version—that’s important!—and try opening one of yoyr projects. If your current version is too old, it won’t do it and will tell you so, so you’ll need to update your current version. If your current version is 1.9.x, version 3 will tell you the project will be upgraded to the new format, but it will make a backup of the current version as well for safety.

HTH :slight_smile:

Mark

PS: I’m a Mac user so I don’t know how you check which version of an app you have on Windows.

1 Edit for typos! :blush:

Thank you =)

Worth noting there has never been a 2.0 version for Windows. Because Literature and Latte is attempting to bring feature parity to the Mac and Windows version they skipped 2.0 and are going right to 3.0.

3.0 is in beta, meaning it’s not quite ready for release. You can use it and it’s super stable, but be forewarned it’s a beta version so user beware. The most recent official release for Windows is 1.9.X so if you have that you have the most recent official version. You can check your version number by going to Help>About Scrivener .

When 3.0 does get an actual release it will be a paid upgrade, unless you purchased a license on or after 20th November 2017, in which case you will get a free upgrade.

Launch Scrivener. Go to Help > About.

Kindly refer to my post above. :laughing:

Thanks to everyone. It seems like I have the latest version so I am all set until the release of 3.0.

Have a great week!

Daniela,
Do you know if the beta 3.0 version of Scrivener for Windows allows for a “facing pages” option, creating a gutter for print when compiling? Is the beta version available only to select users or can anyone access it? If so, how?

Thank you! :smiley:

The most recent beta is always available for anyone to download under the Announcements section of the Beta Testing forum here. I believe the most recent is Release Candidate 10 = v. 2.9.9.10. You’ll get the best answers by posting questions about features in that forum. Here is the direct link to the post with the latest beta release (ignore the 2017 date; that’s when the post was first created, not the date of the latest release).

Hi,
I am trying to figure out which version of Scrivener I have on my. iPad (IOS). I opened scrivener >Help but the only thing that opens is a let’s get started page. I can’t find the ‘about’ section.
Is the version somewhere else?
Thank you,
Rebecca

For iOS Scrivener, the App Store software will tell you what the current version is and whether you have updates to install. (And if you don’t have the current version, you should update.)

Katherine