We’re looking for two new freelance team members to help us answer online support questions on a part-time basis.
You’ll be joining team L&L’s help and support staff, answering customer questions via our online support system and on the forums. As all support is done online you can be based anywhere in the world. You won’t be expected to take phone calls, and to begin with you’ll mostly be dealing with fairly basic queries to help free up our more experienced staff for the more difficult questions.
Sound interesting? Read on…
It’s crucial to have a decent working knowledge of Scrivener - if you spend a lot of time on the forums answering random questions and sharing your knowledge for free, then this could be ideal for you! We don’t expect you to be an expert with detailed knowledge of every feature, but you will need to be able to answer basic questions about how to get around in and use Scrivener, and you’ll need to be good at looking up and finding out things as you need them. Other members of the team will be on hand to help you with the tough questions until you’re up to speed.
Some knowledge of Scapple is a bonus, but not essential (because Scapple is very easy to learn and we do not receive as many support questions about it).
You must have a high standard of written English. As a company that produces writing software, it’s important to us that all our communications with our customers give a good impression and are written in a professional manner.
You must be comfortable using iOS and both macOS and Windows, and have access to both macOS and Windows.
We’re definitely looking for someone we get on with - someone with a sense of humour and who doesn’t mind a bit of quirkiness from time to time.
The position is open to global applicants. If you are based in the UK only, after the three month probation period there will be an option to move to being salaried.
Hours & Pay
• Because the position is for basic support, we’ll be looking to pay an initial rate of USD $15 an hour. This will be reviewed after three months and then yearly, and if you’re good we’ll definitely do what we can to keep you!
• We are looking for people who can commit at least 20 hours a week. Hours are flexible, but we would need you to log on and answer questions on an average of five days a week so that our users are not left waiting too long.
If you’re interested, please send an email to us at email@example.com with the subject heading “Support Staff Position”. Include:
• A few short paragraphs about yourself.
• Why you want to work for us.
• Why you are right for the position.
• How long you’ve been using Scrivener and what you’ve been using it for.
• Which versions of Scrivener you use or have used (macOS, Windows, iOS).
• Whether you are most comfortable with macOS or Windows, and whether you have access to an iOS device.
(Don’t worry about being too formal, though - just be yourself.)
Also be sure to include an up-to-date copy of your CV / resumé.
If you are selected for the second round, we’ll send you some sample support questions. You’ll be expected to write replies and send them to us so that we can get a feel for how you will answer our customers’ questions.
Finally - thanks for reading this far, and for your interest in the positions!
Deadline for Initial Applications: 21st November, 2019