Hi, I’ve had some strange behaviour with the word count in RC8. I just opened my project to start work today (it was closed, my laptop was shut down since I last opened it), typed one word and got a pop-up to say I met my target. Looked into the session target/writing history and it said I have written 227 words today. I hit reset on the session target which put it back to 0… but then checked the writing history window which had jumped down to 147 words. As much as I would love some words of my PhD thesis to write themselves, sadly this isn’t what’s happening here!
Edit to add: In case anyone is wondering if this is a timezone issue somehow, I’m writing at 8am in the UK, but the writing history has indeed recognised that this is a new day.
Edited again: I just noticed that the 227 words is also the wordcount of the text I’m working on. But, I wrote 226 words of it yesterday,