WZCsvc.dll failing on Scrivener launch, Windows XP?

My wife is trying to use Scrivener (latest Windows version) on her Windows XP 32-bit machine.

Whenever Scrivener starts, it closes because of a WZCsvc.dll problem… I cannot figure out how to correct this error so my wife can use Scrivener!

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

wzcsvc.dll should be in the folder C:\Windows\System32

have you checked to see if you have it.
If not you may want try to find it on Microsoft and download it
As you may know it’s difficult to find anything on the MS site, but if you have it on another computer with WinXP, copy it to hers

PS is her computer on the latest Service pack 3?

There are 25 versions of wzcsvc.dll in the wild, the latest version being 5.2.3790.3959 (srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710). The average file size is about 454.18 KB.

What is wzcsvc.dll?
Wireless Zero Configuration is a Windows service on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that is used to configure and manage wireless network connections on a wireless adapter. The service name for Wireless Zero Configuration is WZCSVC. On Windows XP, the display name for the WZCSVC service is Wireless Zero Configuration. On Windows Server 2003, the display name for the WZCSVC service is Wireless Configuration.

About wzcsvc.dll (from Microsoft)
“To enable the Wireless Zero Configuration service so it starts up automatically, go to the Start button. Select the Settings option and then select Control Panel. If you are using the Windows XP view, select the Performance and Maintenance category and then select Administrative Tools. If you are using the Classic View, then select Administrative Tools. Click the Services icon in the left pane. Click the Wireless Zero Configuration icon in the right pane and change the Startup Type dropbox to Automatic.”