This bug is a carryover from beta days.
When Composition Mode is launched, open Quick Ref panels are moved from their current position to an arbitrary different position.
Prerequisites to recreate using steps below:
- Dual monitors (this bug can also be recreated using a single monitor, but using dual monitors made for clearer screenshots )
- Setting Window > Float Quick Ref Panels must be disabled.
Steps to recreate:
- Disable setting Window > Float Quick Ref Panels
- Maximize main Scrivener in left monitor
- Launch 2x Quick Ref panels and place at specific positions in the right monitor.
- Launch Composition Mode from the main window in the left monitor.
- The Quick Ref panels are moved from their current positions to arbitrary positions in the right monitor. See Before Comp Mode and After Comp Mode screenshots below.
Enabling the Window > Float Quick Ref Panels setting is a workaround for this bug, but that causes Quick Ref panels to always be on top of other windows, which is undesirable.
BEFORE COMP MODE
AFTER COMP MODE