Copy and paste loses some formatting between Scrivener and Scapple

Adding onto this, is allowing pasting rich text e.g., with formatting or highlighting from Scrivener into Scapple as rich text (and not plain text) in the works?

Also, I noticed that you can format the text but not add highlight to the text. Is this in the works as well? Often, I would transfer highlighted notes between Scrivener and Scapple.

I did notice that the live preview when pasting text retained the formatting e.g., the headings and then reverted back to default font size once the note has been completed. This isn’t that big of an issue (mostly just visual)).

This is unrelated to the original report, where copying five notes resulted in pasting it like so: “onetwothreefourfive”, instead of one word per line (or whatever the content is). This is fixed in the public beta.

What formatting Scapple supports should be copying and pasting correctly between Scrivener. I’d need more data to understand why you are seeing otherwise.

A few things that I see stripped when pasting Scrivener text to Scapple:

• Any formatting e.g., bold, underline, italics, color, text highlight will just paste as plain text. For example, if I copy and paste Lorem ipsum with a red text and blue highlight into Scapple, it will paste as “Lorem ipsum” as black text with no highlight. The same is for strikethrough.
  • Embedded links e.g., if I copy and paste Link into Scapple then it will strip the link and just paste as plain text so it will paste “Link”.
  • When I copy a list, it will strip the list style symbol e.g., if I have a list of bullet point 1, 2, and 3, it will paste 1, 2, and 3 in each a line without the bullet point. I was thinking if there was an option to make it into a separate note for each bullet point item so I don’t have to keep copying and pasting (I already divided the copied text into several “notes” based on the bullet point separator.

What I did find out was that it seemed that copying any rich text from Scrivener will strip it of the formatting i.e., it will paste it in plain text. Copying rich text from other applications e.g,. Word preserves this formatting for the most part when pasting the text into Scapple (I believe features such as text highlight do not work, though I would like to request it).