This has been driving me crazy for a few months, but I finally figured out the cause in a way I can reliably recreate it!
- Open Scrivener for iOS
- Tap on one of your projects.
- Scroll down so the search box appears.
- Enter text into the search box
- Click the “< Scrivener” menu at the top left of the screen to navigate back to the home screen with your list of projects.
- App will crash immediately.
(This also happens if the cursor focus is in the search box, even without any text entered.)
I’m on iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone 8 with the latest version of Scrivener.
Hope that helps to isolate and fix.