How do you "deal" with text?

This thread is great. Issue I’ve run into is I’ve had to use so many different keyboards and layouts over the years, my fingers “remember” their favorite one which is invariably not the one I use now (Mac).

My left thumb monopolizes ⌘ for those operations, not sure I can even use another finger there. But will have to try the other modifiers/fingers.

Wow I have been missing out on this one!

Thanks to everyone sharing here.

1 Like

EMACs is better of course.

2 Likes

It may not even work for your hands. Some people remap Caps Lock to ⌘ in System Settings to avoid finger cramps. That’s a very comfortable one for one-hand copy/cut/paste and stuff (pinky + index), but I can’t afford to lose that key.

You don’t have to :slight_smile: Apps like BTT provide both Caps Lock and Hyperkey at the same time.

Caps Lock alone → Caps Lock
Caps Lock with a letter key → Hyperkey.

You can even decide exactly what Hyperkey should be. All 4 modifiers, or just Cmd + Control, for example, or whatever you want.

It already serves a dual-purpose (quick tap = switch language, long tap = caps), my motivation to throw in another complication is pretty low right now. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh C-x-C-F-m#O-C, m-f-f!

Ahem.

ZZ

2 Likes