Is there any news on the new app?

It has been half a year since the announcement of the app and nothing else… can people be added to the beta anymore or is it hush until it is fully out?

1 Like

The beta is currently full. We’ll make an announcement when/if we need more beta testers.

We have nothing more to say about the application itself at this time.

I’m very intrigued about the new app! I’ve been using Scrivener for macOS/iOS for years to work on my novel, but the most I ever do is chapter folders and text section documents (say 4-6 per chapter), a bit of content in the scratch/notes folders and basic text formatting (bold, italics etc). I also write mostly on iPad. I’m writing a text-only novel, so the requirements for formatting are very simple.

As a software developer myself, I can see the benefit of writing a modern and simpler version of what Scrivener does for those who don’t need to have all the bells and whistles but still have the core idea (binder, hierarchical document/chapter structure, export to formats etc).

I couldn’t imagine the complexity that Scrivener has to handle, especially with (I would assume) lots of legacy code and additional complex features etc.

Is there (or should there be) a way of receiving notifications about this new app as they come out?

I suppose news about the new app will be shared here on the Scrivener Community Forum. So you’re in the right place. Just make sure you get e-mail when interesting information gets posted. :wink:

1 Like

We’ll definitely spread the launch announcements far and wide. If you don’t want to follow the forums, scroll down to the bottom of our home page to sign up for our (very low volume) newsletter.

1 Like