Just for fun: "Why Microsoft Word must Die"

I’m an independent consultant, I discovered a few years ago that it was much easier to tell customers what to do than actually doing it for them. :wink:

Young r6d2,
Culs-de-sac/dead ends/blind alleyways, where ere we turn. How often do our pre/misconceptions and lazily illformed assumptions, lead us into such frustrating environs.

Your incorrect assumption, for example, that I am a ‘cat lover’, which, some would perceive as an insulting inference linking me genetically with Homo sapiens (than rather more accurately, a justifiably narcissistic member of the feline species, aka British Longhair), is to be expected, and par for the course, where human fallibility and intellectual frailties manifest themselves. However, my admiration for the feline species, in general, as a superior species, especially when compared to the human species, is widely accepted as being accurate, and taken as a given, aboard this old bucket Scrivener, and indeed… further afield… much further afield.

Given your failings and inaccuracies (which we won’t dwell on… unduly), already itemised in the above, your presumptuousness, when ascribing ownership of a ‘single implement’ toolbox/arsenal of resources, à moi, for use in the construction industries of allegorical civil engineering and literal literary endeavour, the consequences of ownership of which, are further exacerbated, according to your presentation, by a lack of perspicaciousness on the part of the wielder of the aforementioned hammer, is excused and forgiven, wholeheartedly. Please give it no more consideration.

Except to say, that apart from Oregonian Portlanders, known as Bilge rattus rattus (sewer rat or brown rat), aboard Scriv, because of their strange, ‘lurking’ behaviour, rats are the species that most of polite society would associate as indigenous to the Earth’s sewers. Except, that is, for the non-indigenous creatures: escaped pet crocodiles, terrapins, alligators, sewer management and maintenance engineering teams, pythons and anacondas.

Since we seem to have established that your role in the bowels of the earth, has no linkage, not even a tenuous one, to the bowels of the earth<----see what I did there? Clever… eh? And, there being no alluding to, by you, that the heart of your sweetheart, is the metaphorical Earth’ s core to which you refer, it must be concluded that:
a) your reluctance to actually enlighten the other crew members of Scriv, with a modest synopsis of your role underground, is indicative of an obtuse nature, possibly in the, ‘attention seeking’ mode.
b) your activities underground, if not in fact, a product of an overactive imagination, must, it seems, entail a modicum of State Secrecy… or some legal or moral code of ethics, forbidding/restraining you from any meaningful disclosure. To which we, nosey, inquisitive, curious, and vociferous members of Scriveners crew, will desist forthwith, in any further interrogation of your good self, apropos your underground activity, with the utterance, by you, of the the words, “No Comment”.

Does, you claim to the lofty position of Private Consultant, as laid out by your good self, in response Bluesman’s entreaty of, “What do you do?Just curious”, albeit bereft of any meaningful qualification on your part, raise you aloft, to the heady height attained by my Human… when others call him over and consult with him, along the lines of, “Tell us again! What the hell ’re y’ talkin’ about!?
Saint’s preserve us, just look at the time!
Fluff

I actually downloaded and installed it to see what the fuss is about! It’s ace! The only drawback is running it through dosbox and not being able to choose save directory.

If someone made a version that didn’t require a dos emulator I’d pay. I can see why you guys rave about it.

I stand corrected! I forgot the I think part of your statement about me being a sewer rat.

I already clarified why you missed twice, but after your rambling, it’s clear that the I think part is also wrong.

So, you missed three times in a row. :laughing:

But don’t despair. Better luck next time. :wink:

Young r6d2,
Once again you so beguilingly regale us with your innocence/naivety.

Despair is a peculiarly human emotion. Felines, ‘don’t do’, despair, possibly because we don’t know how.

I’ll take that as meaning that, in my case, cogito ergo sum, should in fact be Ego non ergo exstimes me nullo modo posse ease. That would account for my failure to communicate at a very basic level with humans.
I do wonder, young 62d2, if the human definition of 'made perfectly clear’, is different form our feline one. The human definition, as employed by your good self, does seem to have more in common, with the feline definition of obsfucation. Why not, young r6d2, try your hand at elucidation, instead, and respond to the points raised, in my ramblings. It isn’t that the basic building blocks of your eagerly awaited response, aren’t all ready in place for you to utilise, so…go for it Rodrigo, go for it.
Fluff
PS If I may make so bold, young man…if you are scuttling around at the bottom of some very deep, long abandoned Chilean mine-shaft, with a butterfly net, trying to catch particles of dark matter, I would sincerely suggest that you return to the decks of The Good Ship of Fools, Scrivener. Dark Matter abound thereon, by the barrel loads.
Hope that helps,

Dear Fluff and r6d2,

May I respectfully suggest that in view of my experience last September — involving a quantity of c…d matter and a large metal vessel of the type from which Fluff’s human extracts food for Fluff when he is too incapacitated to be able to prepare Fluff’s fishy-in-a-dishy properly — an event from which I am not yet fully recovered (see the first page of Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance) that the word “c…d” be expunged from the vocabulary here. It has rather painful connotations!

:confused:

Mr X

Young Master Mark,
It pains me considerably, to see that your much anticipated and hoped for (dare I say prayed for), swift recuperation, is stalled. I wish you a speedy recovery. Rest assured, that in attempting the expeditious facilitation of your ernest request, I shall seek neither sustenance nor rest, until I have exhausted all options, and explored all avenues, culls-de-sac, dead-ends and blind alleyways, open to me. However, I wouldn’t expect too much in the way of help and cooperation from… he spends too much time underground to be able see adequately or clearly aboveground.
Take care Master Mark
Your good friend and well-wisher,
Fluff

Esteemed Feline Fluff,

Thank you for your reply and your concern. But you write

In fact, it is not stalled, just slow … severed tendons take time to return to normal functioning following the necessary surgery.

Mr X

Master Mark,
I have done, to the best of my, less than inspirational abilities, as I promised. Don’t hold your breath waiting for C-3PO, to get his arse ( :open_mouth: oops… sorry… rude word), in gear, and do the deed. .
Take care
Fluff

Oh, my fluffy friend, I feel honoured by your caressing words, completely undeserved by this struggling spirit located closer to the Earth’s core than the average life form.

I would if a could, my friend, but unfortunately you didn’t raise any point at all, you made them blatantly sink instead into the sewers which, you already know, I’m not familiar with.

You’re so perceptive when you try, this time you came closer! May I offer you just another insight, just for the sake of obfuscation, which you seem to prefer.

In fact, I’m constituted by dark matter. The implications are well beyond the scope of this post and require advanced mathematics to explain, which go far above those I can manage anyway. But I can assure you the story begins with Schrödinger’s cat.

I do wonder, indeed, whether you, in your feline nature, would care to explain to the audience how a cat may be dead and alive at the same time.

There, Fluff, you fetid fur ball, that’ll learn ya! Hoisted with your own petard springs to mind… :mrgreen:

J

As the temperature drops, water gradually solidifies, turning into ice. During the transitional stage from fluid to solid there is a stage known as latent heat:
“Heat absorbed or released as the result of a phase change is called latent heat. There is no temperature change during a phase change, thus there is no change in the kinetic energy of the particles in the material.” LAW OF PHYSICS No)^%$$%^%&^(****!
In theory(feline theory which in fact… is fact) Shoodinggylingy’s moggy doesn’t die, it just passes from one of its many (I shouldn’t tell you this , so keep it under your hat, both of y!, but we have lives in abundance, 9 live is a Humanism. Easier for them to grasp), lives onto the next, or in the actuality of the situation, the life force just transfers. The essence of the cat is as alive and scratching fleas from behind its ears as it ever was.
Stephen Hawking is famously quoted as saying “When I hear about Shooringydinger’s moggy, I reach for my gun.” This represents the thoughts of many physicists, because: Stephen refuses to expand upon his initial outburst, leaving the remaining Collage of Space Cadets, to interpret as they see fit. However:
a) to a man and woman, they hate cats, because they feel threatened by them, on the intellectual plane.

b) there are several aspects of the thought experiment that bring up issues, which in itself, is nothing new, because any kind of logical thinking appears to be problematic for most physicists/Cadets. Anything bearing the tag, Physicist spawned, invariably comes fully equipped with its own disputational/tendentious baggage.

Any new theory, however enlightened (and indeed enlightening to the lay man (superficially at least)), once exposed to peer review, should it ever survive to reach that stage, will initially, be emasculated, eviscerated, and flayed into oblivion, by fuming, jealous and manically envious, fellow Startrecky journeymen.
Although one tends, wherever possible, toward eschewing the bandying about of data, whenever (as in many cases), its accuracy, appears to be based upon corroboration by nought but anecdotal evidence of the most specious and spurious, and probably substance abuse induced kind, unfortunately, for the normal, reasonably sane proportion, of Earth’s inhabitants, the majority in fact, most scientific endeavour/research, proffered as pushing the bounds of science, belong above^

Rodrigo. Everything I deposit and bury in my human’s gardens, consists of Dark Matter. I really do hope that

Isn’t actually implying what it seems to be… :open_mouth: :confused: :blush: ?
Fluff
PS. Roy! say hello to Rodrigo’s dog
249511_2071277299029_4738625_n.jpg

You have no clue about what dark matter really is, do you? :laughing:

But I can guarantee, my fluffy friend, that whatever you poop isn’t. It may be dark, it may be matter, but not dark matter.

BTW, I think you’re a bit confused all along. Who is C-3PO? I don’t think you are mistakenly replacing and splitting the names on the quotes you use on your posts, so confusion is the only explanation that comes to my mind.

(I won’t ask who is Roy. More than one question at a time may be overkill in your situation.) :wink:

Certainly not. You’re so confused that you even thought that it was someone else the one who is confused.

BTW, regarding you C-3PO reference thing, which you seem to have come up with because of my nick, stay assured that r6d2 has nothing to do with George Lucas and his films. Mi nick exists long before those characters appeared. Literally 5 centuries before.

You know, my fluffy friend, it’s kind of tiresome to interact with someone who does not answer what is asked, answers what is not asked, which changes your name by doing free clueless associations and who is so confused to realize that he is the confused one.

I think you must have some rest now. I hope you get better :wink:

Aww, Chewbacca, That’s really sweet of you… thanks.
Sad that this is where we snip the umbilical chord, but all good things come to an end sooner or later, do they not? Ah well… c’est la vie… eh? C’es…Oh before I forget, An apology! I unreservedly, apologies for any misunderstanding that may have arisen, apropos, your/my states of confusion. The root of the misunderstanding, lies in my misreading of your [size=85]

[/size]
All I can say in my own defence, is: In this house, the male human’s female breeding partner, has a penchant for picking up the spectacles closest to hand, whenever she needs the use of them, she doesn’t care whose they are. Neither is she careful with the lenses. Frightful arguments have raged for days on end, over her abuse of the reading aids. She has been seen, wiping the lenses with the corner of her apron. These are the the very same apron corners,with which she also wipes the grease etc., off her hands, in lieu of a more suitable form of ablution.
Not wishing to labour the point, unduly, suffice to say, that, subsequent inspection of my own spectacles revealed glaring evidence of abusive use and inappropriate cleansing. Not wanting to appear smart-arsed, in any way but… the copious amounts of darkish matter, smeared all over the lenses of my specs… well 'nuff said…eh? An unavoidable misunderstanding.

So, here we are, Chewbacca, ‘the parting of the ways’. I shall go and join my cousin Pangur Bán, upon the Astral plane (that’s where we cats go, during our 17hr.+ sleep cycles.), and rest for an hour or so.
Thank you for your concern, Chewbacca. I much appreciate it :wink: gracias.
Adiós mi joven amigo, por ahora

Fluff

Chewbacca,
my young friend, I need you to intercede betwixt Pangur Bán, and my good self.
Pangur Bán is giving me severe earache… severely severe! He’s blaming me, for him not being to get to sleep, because he just can’t get his head around, exactly why I need to rest, when you are the one that is finding the going tiresome :confused:
Please help me, Chewbacca
Your amigo
Fluff

Sent From Pangur Bán’s
Astral iPad

My brain feels like I have been witness to the artistic courtship between a cat and a toaster to the Theme of Star Wars IV while watching Dance Moms with audio only. :wink:

Where is the thread about Pie?

In the sky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Hilarious Fluff

I thought Lucy was in the Sky… and with diamonds.

I need to quit huffing paint thinner. I could have sworn I just heard the beatles…