Linux 1.6.1.1 Beta Released (NOT LATEST)

Steve. I just updated my Linux Mint version from 16 to 17 (Xfce) and had what might be a related problem. Mint is based on Ubuntu, btw, and 17 is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, i.e. the version you’re using.

In previous versions of Linux Mint it’s never been a problem getting Scrivener installed from the DEB file. However, with Mint 17 the DEB file refuses to install. I resorted to downloading the Scrivener-1.6.1.1-beta.tar.gz file instead, simply extracting it to a folder within my home folder, and running it from a sym-link that I created on my desktop. Works fine, and picked up all my previous settings.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

–Thomas.

I’m working on an up-to-date debian testing with the beta 1.6.1.1 release installed and unfortunately it takes about 10-15min from starting scrivener on the command line until the gui shows up.
Anyone has an idea?

thanks & greets

Running Linux Mint 17, gdebi package installer indicates its loading .deb file but closes without installing. From the terminal window,

$ cd /home//Downloads
$ sudo dpkg -i scrivener-1.6.1.1-beta.deb

Package installed without issue, Scrivener appears in the menu, right click on Scrivener, select “Create icon on desktop” if you want a button.

Thanks to Sh0shin on the Linux Mint forums for the help