NiaD X

That is so funny
No rush we know your busy

Why are some mugs in yellow, and others not?
Is this some deep-dark secret, known only to a small cabal of NIAD cognoscenti, or what? :smiling_imp:

wonder if it will be an X :smiley:

Me X might file trademark infringement if it is…

Yes very true but X existed first:)

Good morning, fellow humans!

I’m very happy to announce that the 2020 NiaD award badges have now been uploaded! Sorry about the delay this year – we had some technical issues that meant things took a little longer than usual. We’re investigating a new badge hosting approach that would solve this problem in the future (and hopefully make future years’ badges instantly available), but we’ve decided to park that to 2021 to give us time to get it working and delay you no further!

For those not sure how to add a badge… it’s in our lovely FAQs FAQs - #52 by pigfender

but…

Note, if you also took part in our special 9 and 1/2 edition, the badge for that is a different file and can be added with the image address pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/9half.png.

My suggested way of adding both to your signature would be with the code: [url=http://novelinaday.com][img]www.pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/1-2-3.png[/img][/url][img]www.pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/9half.png[/img] (changing the ‘1-2-3’ in the first PNG to the main event NiaDs you’ve personally taken part in)

Look at that!

I wonder what Grrrrrrr will do to it this year?

Thank you so much and for all the hard work you have put in to make these events especially this year so much fun.
I will put in my thoughts on next year now just get ahead of all the suggestions you will have but what about a good pirate tale:)

OMG indeed! I’d love to read your chapter for that one, GR.

Unless you’ve actually participated in NiaD it’s impossible to imagine the level of stress and confusion when the email arrives after midnight. :smiley:

Yay!

I worked out how to add the 2020 cup to my signature!

Phew! :slight_smile:

Yup, it’s a tough day!! Hopefully the kind of challenge we find fun, though!
But yeah, I hear you. The before/after NiaD photos of my wrinkles and hair line aren’t pretty. Although that could also be because it’s been ten years. :smiley:

I think this year’s story was the toughest on participants yet! The next one’ll be easier. Maybe. Who knows?!

You’re welcome! Hmmm pirates! Robot space pirates! Robot space pirates with faulty programming that makes them…

No, it’s too early! I must resist! :smiley:

Count me in! :smiley:

Lol something to mull over space pirates YESSS

Hey, with a robot space pirate protagonist I won’t have to fret about my character’s motivation.

Why everyone seems to think AI’s are going to be bland and benevolent escapes me. They’ll be as equally fubar as we are - only with less restraint and more processing power… especially space pirate robots! :smiling_imp:

I can see that we have hit a possible subject for the next book:)

Yes

I like the idea of a Cookbook in a Day (or Cookery Book in a Day, as my mother would have said). Kind of like Nora Ephron’s Heartburn.

Graphic Novel in a Week sounds doable - pair up each writer with a drawer and have the writer to the scenario in a day and the drawer draw it up in a week, then put the chapters together. Pure mad!

Dibs on Banana Bread! :smiley:

Dibs on Fender-Roasted Pig (commonly known as Pigs-in-a-Blanket-fender).