Novel-in-a-Day 1* - SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Well I’ve a pickle. There is a literal pickle on my desk, but it’s the metaphorical one in my scrivener file that is pissing me off. I woke up, took the doggo (who is named Mary BTW) on her constitutional, then sat down to work out an idea I had while I wasn’t sleeping. End of an hour and I wound up writing a different chapter that I really like. But now I have to put my glorious opening line at the end of the story. Will that offend the power that is (@pigfender) or am I still God in my own chapter?

OK, just found it…8am Toronto time here…

Since Piggy didn’t reply, I just did what I wanted to do. Piggy has it at 1300 words. I’m trying to do “more with less” these days. I actually like this chapter better than any other I’ve done. Mrs * agrees. “I don’t want ‘more of this’… I want MORE of the story”. I think that’s the first time she was angry that my chapter was complete.

She’s also angry that I only killed on bottle of rum. Guess I’ll just have to kill the rest of them today. While not writing.

Hello
I’ve submitted my piece. Yay!
I did an all nighter.
My eyes are shot with the lack of sleep, but it’s done. I really liked the story.Enjoyed writing it. Probably my fave NIAD story to date.

I haven’t looked at the whole story/ preview.
Where do you look for that? Is it earlier in this thread?

Too late now anyway as I’m going to get some shut eye as today looks really beautiful and I want to be awake enough to enjoy it.

If someone can tell me where to look. I will look.

1 Like

go to novelinaday.com and look at the book there. Titled “the dark”.

1 Like

The links on there broke with the forum upgrade - I still need to go through and update them all.
You can find the 2011 version of The Dark at The Dark (NiaD 2011)

2 Likes

@pigfender, what’s our tally so far?

Thank you Jaysen
I will have a look :eyes:

Two chapters are in!

@pigfender is an ODT okay, or would you prefer RTF?

Rtf is easiest, but I’m sure odt won’t cause a problem!

Challenge accepted! Excuse me while I read the odt spec for ways to make it a problem.

I definitely was not wasting all morning devising methods of procrastination by researching ways of injecting custom headers into the ODT header.

pounds fists I’m in Like jail!! :rage: I’m not chatty enough to move up in “trust.” :stuck_out_tongue: scowls at forum structure and rages
Just had to throw a tantrum. Posting, you know. To build trust. So I can have more likes in a 24 hour period. :roll_eyes:
:smiley:
Mine is done. I’m going to let it sit a few minutes and then I read over it and make sure it still makes sense. And then send it on its way. :smiley:
Thank you, good Piggy Sir. :smiley:

2 Likes

Four chapters are now in!

Done, and pretty much dusted. Now I need to remove redundant commas.

I feel lost. No one to distract. No chatter here. Rum disappears at a steady pace but time is fixed on the face of the clock.

Oh. Mrs has a note to change batteries in the clock. I guess it’s time for lunch.

Done and emailed. :smiley: That was fun. :smiley: Thank you.

1 Like

Finished and emailed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

By all means move into post-game mode! HAVE YOU HAD FUN?