Novel-in-a-Day 1* - SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Oh I definitely peeked. Normally, I like being kept in NiAD’s dark as it’s part of the fun, but this time I thought I’d see if it makes a difference knowing more of the story.

Well…that and the fact that I have no self-control. Basically, if I had access to Pandora’s box, we’d be in big trouble. :laughing:

2 Likes

On the few occasions I’ve written a chapter myself I’ve always known the entire story, so if you’ve had a read of th 2011 version your much closer to the typical pigfender experience this year. Of course, I’ve no idea what it’s like in your shoes so I’m hoping some of you will tell me what difference it makes!

3 Likes

Bobby Marazzi flicks a fleck of dust from the lapel of his suit.

2 Likes

I’m new to all of this but didn’t peek, which probably explains a lot in my chapter :wink: I liked the idea of only having limited knowledge, so I did what you did. I’ll probably read the first version and our version when it’s done. It’ll be interesting to see the parallels/contrasts!

1 Like

Well I’ve a pickle. There is a literal pickle on my desk, but it’s the metaphorical one in my scrivener file that is pissing me off. I woke up, took the doggo (who is named Mary BTW) on her constitutional, then sat down to work out an idea I had while I wasn’t sleeping. End of an hour and I wound up writing a different chapter that I really like. But now I have to put my glorious opening line at the end of the story. Will that offend the power that is (@pigfender) or am I still God in my own chapter?

OK, just found it…8am Toronto time here…

Since Piggy didn’t reply, I just did what I wanted to do. Piggy has it at 1300 words. I’m trying to do “more with less” these days. I actually like this chapter better than any other I’ve done. Mrs * agrees. “I don’t want ‘more of this’… I want MORE of the story”. I think that’s the first time she was angry that my chapter was complete.

She’s also angry that I only killed on bottle of rum. Guess I’ll just have to kill the rest of them today. While not writing.

Hello
I’ve submitted my piece. Yay!
I did an all nighter.
My eyes are shot with the lack of sleep, but it’s done. I really liked the story.Enjoyed writing it. Probably my fave NIAD story to date.

I haven’t looked at the whole story/ preview.
Where do you look for that? Is it earlier in this thread?

Too late now anyway as I’m going to get some shut eye as today looks really beautiful and I want to be awake enough to enjoy it.

If someone can tell me where to look. I will look.

1 Like

go to novelinaday.com and look at the book there. Titled “the dark”.

1 Like

The links on there broke with the forum upgrade - I still need to go through and update them all.
You can find the 2011 version of The Dark at The Dark (NiaD 2011)

2 Likes

@pigfender, what’s our tally so far?

Thank you Jaysen
I will have a look :eyes:

Two chapters are in!

@pigfender is an ODT okay, or would you prefer RTF?

Rtf is easiest, but I’m sure odt won’t cause a problem!

Challenge accepted! Excuse me while I read the odt spec for ways to make it a problem.

I definitely was not wasting all morning devising methods of procrastination by researching ways of injecting custom headers into the ODT header.

pounds fists I’m in Like jail!! :rage: I’m not chatty enough to move up in “trust.” :stuck_out_tongue: scowls at forum structure and rages
Just had to throw a tantrum. Posting, you know. To build trust. So I can have more likes in a 24 hour period. :roll_eyes:
:smiley:
Mine is done. I’m going to let it sit a few minutes and then I read over it and make sure it still makes sense. And then send it on its way. :smiley:
Thank you, good Piggy Sir. :smiley:

2 Likes

Four chapters are now in!

Done, and pretty much dusted. Now I need to remove redundant commas.