Novel-in-a-Day 1* - SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Just found it in the SPAM folder.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Holy turtle piggy. Who did you piss of to get yourself universally listed as spam? I’ve not even managed to do that in almost 30yr.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was the research I did for “Section7”.

1 Like

Right - the email questions have quietened down, so I’m going to head off to bed for a few hours.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please ask them here and crowdsource the answer… and if you can’t find your briefing pack – first check your spam / junk folders and if all else fails email me / post here and I’ll resend it when I get back up in the morning!

1 Like

@mujie - I think you are on the right track. Pffft! Pay no attention to the those contradictarians! Part of the real charm of NIAD is figuring out how to cover your ground without creating discontinuities with stuff you may not even know about.

2 Likes

I’m 1500 in and it is tripe. Not cooked trip. unclean, freshly removed. tripe. I’ll revisit it in the morning. I clearly need more rum for this one.

I am keeping that opening line though.

1 Like

I’m not even at 1000 yet. :stuck_out_tongue: Argh. I try to get the whole thing written before going to bed. and then look it over in the morning, but I’m getting sleeepppyyyyy.
I too need more rum. My socks have gone dry.

Me go snooze. Placing each word lovingly in its correct spot has taken its toll,
G’night.

1 Like

Me. I completely forgot. Eesh.

1 Like

@pigfender My brief requires Michael’s sister, but did not give her name or any info. Does that matter? Or is she a one-off?

1 Like

My brief says he has a Mom (Jo) and Dad (Greg). Under other significant characters None (other than the people in the cottage). I am not an authority here but I see no sister listed. That does not mean she does not exist in your version.

1 Like

Hello everyone! a little check-in here to confirm I received the brief; all in order, thank you very much, @pigfender – now let’s get down to it. A nice writing day to you all!

@scrapsandsass ah - yeah that’s an error. Sorry about that. He has a sister, but feel free to create her as you see fit.

1 Like

And here I thought everyone was sleeping… But surely if any NIAD deserves an all-nighter it is this one – 4am when everything starts to waver and feels really creepy in the house, that would be the right time for writing this. Arga-warga!

1 Like

I tried to get some sleep, but tired as I am I was just staring at the ceiling.

1 Like

Yeah no sleeping here either. Where I am, the wildfire smoke is thick and it’s all I can smell. Kind of fitting for the story though!

2 Likes

Hi all just checking in with you all to say I’m looking forward to writing my piece. This is something I enjoy doing amd ok forward to every year. I better get to it.

1 Like

Done for the night. In the morning a couple of rereads. Cajoling a fresh pair of eyes to proofread and I will submit but not until I wake.

1 Like

Well, in previous years I’ve always made at least a rough pass before going to bed but I must be getting old (actually, there’s no “must” about it, I AM getting old) because I gave up to start fresh in the morning. Not feeling so fresh but definitely getting into it.

I’m curious, though - how many people are taking advantage of the unique nature of this NIAD to have a peek at the bigger picture? I wasn’t here in 2011 and have never seen the original, and I’ve decided to keep myself in the dark because that’s a large part of the fun. Anyone else doing that?

Stay safe in there. :wink: