Novel-in-a-Day 1* - SPECIAL TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

I feel lost. No one to distract. No chatter here. Rum disappears at a steady pace but time is fixed on the face of the clock.

Oh. Mrs has a note to change batteries in the clock. I guess it’s time for lunch.

Done and emailed. :smiley: That was fun. :smiley: Thank you.

1 Like

Finished and emailed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

By all means move into post-game mode! HAVE YOU HAD FUN?

Okay, drafted. Some hashing together to do to add dizziness. Made some blood red beets for lunch. Then back for a read through to see if it belongs in the shreader. And right on cue, a thunderstorm has struck up here … and the day grows dark.

My brain is in a state of being slowly broiled by the 35℃ day. This is going to be feverish.

35c is a standard temp here. You northern types need to learn the secret of an umbrella, sweet tea and a fan.

Explain! I’m making drunken greens and frogmore stew for dinner. Shrimp for stew was caught be me a bit earlier. Greens may have been swiped (with implied permission( from a neighbor in exchange for a flounder.

The damnable dolphins didn’t get that one!

The send button has been pushed. I did like knowing the whole story but with so many different styles and personal bias involved. I found I still had to write as a self contained unit mindful that I only have a small piece of the whole under my control. It was very nice to have the map, but with so many paths to the goal available, I am still in the dark as to how we will get to the finish.

2 Likes

9 chapters are now in! I’m confirming receipt via email, but you can also double check by the sign up sheet post to see if you’ve earned a :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

I wasn’t actually gonna do that, but now I am.

3 Likes

Just submitted…

Fingers crossed…

1 Like

Nineteen hours in and another fringe benefit of NIAD duly logged: I am now a freaking psychiatrist.

4 Likes

There are worse things you could have picked up from this one!

2 Likes

Sent. Thanks for the fun!

Am I allowed to point out that Addenbroke’s hospital doesn’t actually have a Psych department? (I just pretended that it did, obviously, but it meant that my yearning for thoroughly-researched authenticity was somewhat stymied).

2 Likes

Sent it in thank you for organising this rog
I too checked out addenbrooks psych unit:) makes it easier that there was not one lol

2 Likes

After the terrible incident, I imagine they had to shut that Psych ward down.

6 Likes

Submitted, complete with sequel bait. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Done and sent! I can’t wait to read the finished novels! :grinning:

3 Likes

Sent mine in! Already getting berated by the landlady…

2 Likes

Just sent it in. Crossing my fingers!!!

2 Likes