Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

Liar, liar. You’ve got nothing.

It’s a stitch up. Just like Mr Union What’s It and his box of you-know-whats.

So, PF are you suggesting that the joke isn’t necessarily where popular opinion thinks it is?

Oh, I’d buy that if you nickname was PigMender, but it isn’t :wink:

Oh no, the joke is where you think it is. I’m just saying you weren’t as secretive as you thought you were.

So, hmmmmmm. Folks, next year let’s get a chat room? :stuck_out_tongue:

Matt, you left out some bits. Everyone stands in the street because of the drop bears (technically killer koalas, but we’ll use the local lingo) in the trees and the crocodiles in the creeks. And Nicole Kidman—I mean, our heroine—wants to adopt a little aboriginal boy and Hugh Jackman—I mean, our hero—has muscles but is a decent bloke. And everyone wears hats. That’s important. The baddy can have a nice hat to show that he has money and everyone in small farming towns knows that only baddies have money. He probably runs the baby-dingo racket, but that’s OK because the dingoes are trained to only go for tourist babies and the tourists are outsiders. Have I missed anything?

Someone needs to get eaten by a shark.

Or a saltwater crocodile.

Unfortunately, AFAIK chat rooms are incompatible with talking Kangaroos on nice suits…

I like this. Can it be set in Warracknabeal? And bags I the odd bloke in the Akubra ‘Sombrero’ model who spends the entire novel trying to shape it into that weird Bush Tucker Man bash but can’t because he’s a galah. If you don’t know what a Bush Tucker Man Bash is, it looks like this:

BTM640x480.jpg

Bush Tucker you don’t want to know about. Big maggots, basically.

A galah is the sort of bloke who’d live in Warracknabeal and think a Bush Tucker Man Bash was somehow appropriate. Like wearing a wingsuit in Amsterdam.

So last year our page count for posts got up to 19. The year before, 25. So this year we’re at 24 and the compilation is in work. Any wagers on the page count for this year. Okay, I’m stalling. Got a chore or two I don’t really want to get to. :wink:

Or, better yet, what will the page count be this year over previous years once the compilation is done?

I still remember my grandfather trying to convince me to eat a Witchetty grub when I was about 5. Of course, they’re normally cooked, I believe. This one he just dug up in the garden.

Not sure he would have let me go through with it if I was game… He didn’t need to worry!

Sure! Warracknabeal is near my old home-turf. Nowhere near the sea, so sadly no sharks. Not enough water in the irrigation channels for crocodiles. But the snakes! Oh boy, spoilt for choice there and plenty of them can kill. And there’s some pretty good spiders too. Only a couple that could kill a galah but, let’s face it, you don’t need many and they can turn up anywhere (dunny seat is my favourite). Petty good range of bunyips in the billabongs round that area and the emus will attack prams if the dingos slack off. So yep, Warracknabeal gets my vote!

I’m looking forward NIAD 2014 already…

PS For bush tucker, you left out the ants and the dirty sticks. Add them to the maggots and you’ve got a meal.

Reading back through the threads while waiting for the red carpet, I saw this:

[size=150]I won a medal! :slight_smile:[/size]

I think I might need some more sleep.

You don’t want to sleep. You want to read a book!
NiaD3.jpg

Available for download here:
pigfender.com/index.php/2013 … niad-2013/

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

I think that’s a very nice looking cuff on the cover!

Apologies for the lengthy delay in getting these files finished and uploaded. I had software issues, which are either caused by the fact that I’ve not slept in 42 hours, or something else that is far less likely now that I talk about it out loud.

Hurray!
rushes off to load up the tablet

Nice suit!

I will be uploading the Scriv project file, plus compile settings, but that is likely to be several days away. Not least of all because I’m sure you have better things to do, but also because I Suspect it is going to be quite some time before Mrs Pigfender let’s me borrow her laptop again!

G’night all!

G’night PigFender, sleep deep, sleep long and sleep well. We’re all grateful for your efforts and looking forward to the read.

Just downloaded Made Man and opened in my ebook reader. I may be gone a while…