Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

I believe you missed a golden opportunity to “muah hah hah!”…

I’ve always been one of you, now it’s just official :wink:

“Are you sure you want to do this?”, Bertha said.
“Yes, ma’am. Actually, I don’t have a choice,” the young boy replied.
“You sure do! Just don’t!”
“Sorry, ma’am, it just smells like fate all over the place.”

(I’m in.)
r6d2.

You’re just gloating cos I’ve never had a darned thing to say for any of your chapters. :smiley:

Given that we’ll all be writing in different timezones, and we apparently live in a world where countries can’t even agree what day to adjust their clocks for daylight savings, here are some links to find the (midnight) start and (8pm) deadline times in your region.

I’ve also put a copy of the links on the first page of the thread so you can find it more easily at a later date.

START

SUBMISSION DEADLINE

This comfortably starts at 7am here, wonderful! :slight_smile:

Very useful, Thanks! I guess it’ll be a long night from here. :slight_smile:

10 am start here - how very civilised.
6am end - just like my student days.

I stand at the gates. Let me in.

And, yes, this pilcrow is loaded.

Please and thank you,
gr

I am on that list? I did ask but its a busy board :slight_smile:

I see I am, I am a happy bunny :slight_smile: Having a knee operation on Tuesday and will still be taking it easy that weekend and not allowed any long journeys, it could not be more perfect :slight_smile:

I can’t take credit. Shameless reimplementation of AmberV’s idea from NiaD2.
Where is here, BTW?

Yes you are! For these sort of metrics, I’ll be keeping the post on the front page updated to make it easy to find things. You can expect some cryptic and unexplained symbols to be added to the list as well as the planning progresses. :smiley: Every single one of those symbols will mean something happy and wonderful!

Plus gr makes 20! Probably only four more before we switch to the reserve list (I’ll update with the confirmed number of places in a week or so).

“Here” is the longest and narrowest country in the whole world. And I’m standing in the vicinity of its centre of gravity. I bet you can’t figure that one out :slight_smile:

And now we are 21! :smiley:

A little note on how the chapter briefs get assigned:

• It’s basically random.

I say basically, because there are a couple of constraints:

• Matt’s chapter will not be immediately before or immediately after Michael’s.
  • Allowance will be made for any individual preferences re: grisliness.

A major part of the NiaD approach is to leave briefs broad enough to let the authors bring their own voice and approach to their part of the story. However, (in keeping with the previous years) there will be certain chapters that lend themselves to a more grisly approach. Experience dictates that some people prefer not to write these sections and others seek them out, so it makes sense to make some allowance for that in the allocation of sections. If you have a preference either way then let me know, either here in the forum, via email (rog@pigfender.com) or through Direct Messaging on the site.

Note that there will be no ‘scripted’ sex scenes, so nobody will find themselves obligated to get all EL James in public. In addition, since you won’t know where in the wider plot your chapter falls, you won’t know if you have the first or last chapter until after you’ve seen the final book… so there’s no need to opt in/out (or worry about) that either.

Well, the longest and narrowest country would be Chile?
Centre of gravity. Hmmmm. I don’t know Chile very well at all, but looking at a map I’d say you’d be near Los Ángeles or slightly further North in San Carlos?

Wouldn’t the centre of Chile’s gravity be somewhere in the planet core?

Just who are we dealing with here!

Well done! It certainly took you a lot less than to the average world citizen! :slight_smile:

Actually, Chile’s centre of gravity would be better defined as its capital, Santiago, where more than 1/3 of the country’s population reside.

Well, that’s why I said “in the vicinity” :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, in spite on what my nickname might suggest, I’m not an alien. And for the sake of history, I’be been using it way long before the infamous George Lucas found it interesting enough to name one of its characters R2D2. :wink:

/in

And thanks to Pigfender for forewarning me in time. :slight_smile:

No worries!
That makes 22!

Hi Rog

Please can I join in. I promise not to drop out before the event like last year.

Barry