Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Barony of Gatley, in the Principality of Stockport, on the Cheshire plain.

Take care

Vic-K, Baron de Gatley.

It’s closer to Longitude 70º West.

I don’t really know too much about my early ancestry, since most evidence suggests that they are already dead. :wink:

Hey everyone… I’m looking forward to participating in my first NiaD this year! Thanks again for welcoming me into the group.

I will be writing my chapter as part of my Halloween costume (going to a party); so, I think it’ll make for a pretty unique experience.

Since it seems people are interested in where we hail from, I’m presently in Northfield, Minnesota–about 40 minutes south of Minneapolis. Though the weather here is still fairly autumnal, the fear of winter is beginning to set in.

Anyway, I really look forward to participating in this and hope that my contribution adds something interesting to the story.

Take care! Only 2 more days :smiley:

Has anyone actually gotten a promised message from Piggy? Or am I special and will receive all the messages Sunday?

?

!

Hopefully I write better than I read.

Hi everyone, thanks for accepting me! I look forward to receiving my assignment.

This reminds me of my schooldays, when my lovely English teacher would set us homework which consisted of writing a 200-word story about a cat, an orange and a piece of string, and other unlikely combinations. Great fun!

:open_mouth: Great. ANOTHER plot I can’t use anymore. :frowning:
WHO KEEPS TELLING YOU PEOPLE MY IDEAS?!?!

:wink: :smiley:

Narborough, Leicestershire UK

Foxtrot, I made an attempt to “play with the phrases” but it came off as “bad taste”. Please be nice and use less fun language around the +3(+2(etc)).

Thanks to everyone who has sent me recent samples! I think I’m up to date in reading and responding, but let me know if you think I’ve missed you.

I’m still waiting on a couple of people to get back with me so if you haven’t already… go check those messages. :slight_smile:

Eek! Nearly emailed a neat little summary of the entire plot to nom. :open_mouth: :blush:

Good job I rechecked the address before pressing send!

It’s been a long day (as those who we’re waiting for me to respond to their messages may have twigged when my “lunch” didn’t happen until 8pm)!

slacker

Count me in, please - looking forward to the challenge :slight_smile:

Hmm. I’ve always assumed that Scrivenistos/Scrivenistas are people of discernment — Yes, yes, I know, the 3+, but Jaysen’s fine behind the banter … at least when he hasn’t been hitting the Aspalls; and Vic-K I think to be a gentleman behind the HAW pose … and Wock? well, hmm … :smiley: — and that one should look for the Scrivenisti in one of the more individual, independent coffee shops, not the any numbers of Starbucks, Costas, Cafe Neros etc. that swamp the High Road! :slight_smile:

And yes, Chiswick’s a very nice part of London … I’m glad we bought our house there 34 years ago when it was pretty much the back of beyond!

I’m also with you and Homeport on the West Country, though in Devon rather than Dorset.

Mr X

I’m hoping there’s room for purple prose. Lavendar will even do.

Do we have any volunteers to proofread this year?

I usually steal all of the purple ink, but maybe we can share.

Hmmm. Looks like I’m two hours ahead of you. So maybe I should start first?

Great to see you back this year.

whoa shit – I just looked at the date and soiled myself …

Am I in? Can I borrow your purple crayon?

PANIC!

ok, just read all the bits and so it looks like I’m in! … I apologies in advance.

Since I’m the new boy around here, I guess I should introduce myself… G’day

yellowcake aka. Al from Sydney, Newb, shithouse at spelling and attention to tedails.

Right. That’s just about me summed up. So which end of the exclamation mark do I start these adverbs with?