Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

I have two scenes (likely will spawn a 3rd, as they do) planned and ready to go. It’s 11pm here, and I need my beauty sleep. Catch you all in a few hours.

Don’t worry. We won’t be judged. At least not for this. :laughing:

Going to sleep now. See you all tomorrow!

The questions seem to have tapered off now so I’m going to grab a couple of hours power nap. Hopefully any questions you have can wait for a little while (or be resolved on the forum). Failing that, if really urgent, TYPE REALLY LOUD and I might just wake up. :wink:

Late work last night, more work this morning, tennis competition in the afternoon…

Back online and ready to write, just too worried about my deadline now to find the time for heckling.

Only one problem – did you send my brief yet Piggy?

Matt

Boom! How’s that for heckling?

I didn’t think I had been doing that much heckling!

Still sitting at the blind panic phase I described last year. I have a couple of questions, since my emails aren’t getting through, will send them via PM instead.

Matt

Eek. I think I might be done with my chapter. I’m going to print and have my daughter read it in the morning before she goes to work and then I will send it off.

This has been such fun.

Nighty night, peeps!

Funny to see someone finished before I have even staggered out of bed and started writing. Well done, scrapsandsass!

Got my brief an hour ago (thank you, Pigfender), and have now read it, set up my Scrivener project, created scenes with synopses, split the briefing information into sections, added Scrivener links from scenes to those sections, plucked some word-count targets out of the air, set up some pretty colours for labels… Anything to delay the moment when I need to start writing! I need coffee.

Have fun, everyone. :slight_smile:

Quick question, Pigfender… Would you prefer newspaper titles to be in quotation marks or in italics?

Hey Rog. Im getting my emails bounce back, looks like your inbox in full :stuck_out_tongue:

Recipient address rejected: Mailbox message count
quota exceeded, please try again later. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

anyway, looks like this chapter is pretty much at its end (notice I didn’t say ready hey). I’m gonna let it fester for a little while and then proof read again. Im flying solo on this one. My wife and wingman who normally spots typos, ill conceived concepts and all the shithouse SPaG errors that I make is working tonight so you’ve just got me. For that I’m truly sorry.

Cheers
Al

Stress levels have reached a new high. I finally got my machine stable this afternoon and after flailing around for a direction and some ideas, managed to create a Scapple. Now I’m all set to go… and have to go to a special family event (arranged after I signed up for NiaD). So, at the time that I had planned to be nearly done, I have zero words and need to be putting on my glad rags for a party.

I think it will be a long time before I see any sleep after I get home tonight… :frowning:

Interesting to note that The Daily Echo shares its name with another UK tabloid. This one’s a lot older though (1888) and much less interesting than your creation, Rog.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Daily_Echo

If Piggy gives you his home address, you could write it out long hand and wrap it around a pigeon’s leg to get it to him.

or a brick.

That helps solve Windows problems too.

OKAY - Email should be working again.
Who knew I’d have to figure how to sysadmin as well today.

Italics?

400 words in 4 hours of writing… at this rate I should be able to scrape past the word tally if I stay up for the next 11 hours until 7am.

NIAD has never been so torturous for me, but I’ve found a way to make it easier for everyone. In my chapter, I’m going to have all of the characters knocked unconscious by some kind of gas leak, and everyone’s chapters from there on can be dream sequences for different characters.

If anyone has any names they need me to add to the verbatim of list of characters rendered unconscious and dream-ready, just send me a PM and I will slot them in.

Matt

If anyone finds a reference to a PAUL ROBINSON in their brief, that should read PAUL CAMBRIDGE. But don’t worry too much as I can fix that with Find and Replace later if I need to!

And your Neighbours addiction is uncovered…