Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

3,150 words and 1.75 hours late. :unamused:

Sleep is so unproductive.

Then I think you did it wrong.

If he has neighbors like mine, itā€™s never productive.

Right ā€“ a quick 2 minute break, because Iā€™ve been staring at words on a screen for what feels like hours (and in factā€¦ is). So obviously my break is to come and talk to you while staring at the exact same screen.

POP QUIZ:
What are you going to do first after the books are made available?
a) Immediately turn to and read your own chapter. Twice.
b) Work out which book youā€™re in and sit down and start reading it, like a book.
c) Immediately turn to and read the duplicate of your chapter by the other person. Twice.
d) Ignore those, head straight to the .scriv file, to read other peopleā€™s briefs.

b)

Ummm, I thinkā€¦ Yeah, b, c, then d, then a, then cringe and hide under the pillow.

E. Print copies for mrs and let her see how NiaD works.
Then D.

ā€œDā€ of course.

Well, Iā€™ve already done a) (my own file, of course), so Iā€™ll move onto b). Then c). No, maybe d). We can do that?

I donā€™t know!

C! Of course C is the correct answer, peopleā€¦!

I had to work an 8 hour shift during this. I tried not to sleep, but drooling on my keyboard in a half conscious state was really unproductive. But then I was working out chapter details in my sleep. :smiling_imp:

Yeah itā€™s going to be weird not having something to think about in all my free time for a while.

Maybe write a book?

Nano starts next weekā€¦

You know youā€™re sick, right Jaysen?

Novel in an hour?

Donā€™t be silly. Nobodyā€™s got time for that.

and only because Iā€™m so sick of option a)

1. b)
  2. c)
  3. d) so cool thatā€™s an option.
  4. f) read the entire other book
  5. g) see how bad the blunders were by comparing my sent file to the edited one.

whatever. Iā€™ll be reading.

You must be new here. Otherwise youā€™d know thatā€™s a compliment.

B. Then C.

I thought Crikey was primarily an Australian expression. Am I mistaken?