Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Strewth?

First, I’ll likely already be in line for a variety stage show with awesome live music. I’ll stumble home in the early AM hours and crawl straight into bed.

Tomorrow, I’ll start reading as I have time to fit in yet another book (I’m reading 3 right now) while prepping the house for guests in the afternoon. Eventually, I’ll probably follow the a,c,d,b progression, but I don’t know which of a or d will finally win out for the read-through.

Since I’m a newb… I’d probably go C… B… D.

And then I’m going to Disneyland!

No… really. I am. :laughing:

Then I will attempt NaNo again next week.

It’s always nice to see masochism on brazen display.

And are the rest of you kicking yourself because you are NOW thinking of all the things you could have written but didn’t?

Yes, it is true.

I always start NaNo. It is just the finishing part that trips me up. :open_mouth:

No. Absolutely not. :open_mouth: Not until now that you put that futile thought into my head.

Right, well… its in. Its late. I’m pretty sure it could be better.

...At least I'm consistent.

No. Got it all in there. Piggy probably wishes I didn’t since I wrote over two chapters worth of words.

PLUS thanks Pigfender - damn good work sir!

So there are still a handful of chapters outstanding. Given the slight delay in handing out the briefs, it’s only fair that those who’ve had ridiculous issues today get the full benefit of the 24 hour period. The books will follow pretty quickly after then.

Hope you’ve all had a wonderful time today. Thanks for keeping me entertained.
There will be a separate post opened up for the books, and you can leave feedback on the book itself in there, but please leave any feedback on the event here in this thread - I’d love to read it and take on board a few more pieces of advice for when we do this next time.

I spent more time cutting the brief into research parts than anything else. Offer a scriv pack option for losers like me.

More work for you. So feel free to reject it. Again.

Ha ha well screw the LOT of yez yer BASTIDS, I’m in LAST with TWO FLAMIGN TYPOS so stick THAT in yer pipe yer buncha GALAHS har har

(Drains stubby, pops another one, belches, sings verse of Waltzing What Was Her Flaming Name Again, falls into fire.)

PS Three typos if you include “flamign”

PPS What do you mean “research”? Eh? EH? Poofta.

My only feedback, as I already said via email, is that I enjoyed it immensely once again, and really appreciate all the amazing effort you put into it, Mr Pigfender, and am loving watching it grow.

Thank you!

Pushing the hard stop a bit are you?

Wait. You’re in. Shitshitshitshit. I sure hope there plenty of distance between us. Maybe a whole book would be enough.

I finally finished and sent my chapter. Wow, it was an amazing experience again.

Done. Dusted. Exhausted.
2,328 words.

Thanks for making this happen, Pigmund! As always, a reason to wake up at Oh Seven Hundred on a Saturday and stew miserably over not-enough-coffee until I finally feel too guilty over how late I am. The briefing was well done and the scenes were a lot of fun to write. I was also happy to discover that not one but two people in my chapter had suits of quality.

Never again, though, right? :smiley:

Had to run out the clock – down to the minute.

My chapter feels like more of a hack than last year, but there were several fits of culture jumping and high-profile location/organization navigating to be done.* Or maybe it was the two hour packet delay. :neutral_face:

Novel-in-a-2Day anyone? But what am I saying? That would be almost sane. Nahh.

gratitude for the op,
gr

• Wait, did I just imply that I already knew a lot more about the Mafia and gambling than ?

No nice suits in mine. But a real nice tan. :wink: