Novel-in-a-Day XI - the undecaNiaD

Red wine is being imbibed here - but there’s a gorgeous Irish whiskey in the cupboard with my name on it.

3 Likes

Enjoying a nice glass of the local Mencía grape from five years ago, which interestingly enough, was the one year NiaD was postponed.

Just had a kilchoman whiskey we picked up at distillery on Islay this summer delicious

2 Likes

5 mins and counting…

1 Like

Having printed out and read my chapter I want to make minor changes… and can’t.
Consequently, I’m miffed in a minor way. Still, never mind, eh.
I’ll down a few tots of brandy instead, and wait for Godot ( @pigfender ) to do his thing.

All hail @pigfender for this glorious day!

1 Like

Hi everyone – There’s a new book in the Library…
TheUnit_medium_grey

9 Likes

Thank you for everything you do it is really appreciated

1 Like

Nice finish @CeramicFairy (for @Camy)

1 Like

Yes it was! :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

A huge thank you to everyone who took part! Hopefully you managed to challenge yourselves, stretch some new writing muscles, and have some fun along the way!

A special thank you to the always lovely humans at LL for continuing to host the event and letting us clog up their forum for a little while (and for Scrivener, the engine behind all the planning and production).

As always, any feedback you have on the event will be gratefully received.

9 Likes

There are always four highlights in every NiaD event I’ve joined:

1. Chapter brief pack in
  2. Chapter submitted!
  3. Books published on L&L
  4. @gr bespoke version comes out :laughing:
3 Likes

As always, a huge round of applause for Rog and the massive amount of work he does…

Another great day spend writing under a huge deadline…

Never get tired of it.

5 Likes

Awesome work, Rog! Thank you.

2 Likes

What is a gr version?

What? Was Morgan’s pic Mario van Peebles?
Now I have to go back and look again. No way. I do not see Sonny Spoon in that pic.

1 Like

Stupid answer: A gr version is a grr version is a grrrr version…

Intelligent answer: if you browse earlier NiaD threads, our fellow @gr creates a choose-your-own-chapter version of the incumbent NiaD complete with the number of unique chapter combinations. He publishes the link on this thread and the novel’s thread within a week, usually. I’m sure he’ll be chuffed with the unique number of chapters this time.

1 Like

Yay Team!!!
I mean…
Yay Unit! :smiley:
And all Hail Colonel Pigfender. :smiley:

1 Like

I second this stuff.
(because I can’t :heart: because Discourse.
(ignore my nastiness about the forum. Someday I won’t get locked in Like Jail and then it won’t bug me as much. :D)

Oh yes!! @gr bespoke version is so cool!

Definitely this too.

2 Likes

Thank you for the blast. First time for me and I loved every scarey minute of it!
Look forward to next time!

3 Likes

Me too! Such fun.

Question: are we allowed to share links to the books on our social media?

3 Likes