Scrivener 2.0... It's here.

Thanks suavito - much appreciated!
All the best,
Keith

2.0 is the killer app. Thanks for making the most important application in my professional life even better. Indeed, it was worth the wait. Brilliant work.

Sincerely,

Tom

At the risk of being cut off from this forum (i.e. I have no evidence that this might happen, but my suggestion is likely to be unpopular), may I ask that the content of the Announcements page be limited basically to ANNOUNCEMENTS, and not to various acts of congratulations, hopes, desires, in-comments, etc. I have no objections to such things, but they should be in another part of the forum. Announcements should be just that. Basically a one-way street, telling forum members about new and important issues.
I always come to this forum and most of the time there is virtually nothing of any real import in the

At the risk of dweeby me-too-ism: This is a wonderful release. Thank you very much!

Where do we post feature requests? I would like to see the ability to do external syncs with collections, where empty pages still get written as empty files. I create a Dropbox folder of the pages I am writing offline at any given moment (to edit with Notebooks on the iPad), often with empty pages as placeholders. But when I do an external sync, those empty pages all disappear on the DropBox site.

still–bravo.

What’s wrong with the “Wish List” section for feature requests? And what about posting feedback, praises, … in the “Feedback” section?

Thanks, Franz

Yes. Absolutely. This thread is starting to look like my study.

/Joachim

I don’t really believe in curtailing comments, and I quite like the random and digressive nature of this forum and would not want to change it. The main thing to remember about the announcements forum is that only the first post in a thread is an announcement. Everything else is discussion. If I want to announce anything else, even related, I’ll always start a new announcement thread and demote the old one to a regular thread. So you don’t need to keep checking an announcements thread if you’re after news - you can safely assume everything else is discussion. Just check new announcements.

Dear Mr/Ms dspady, Mister Jochim,
Correct me if I m wrong, as I m sure you will, but, If you do a search for: anal retentiveness, and off-topicking, you`ll probably discover, that aboard this pirate ship (our beloved Scrivener), those two offences could attract the ultimate sanction, keelhauling+the plank. Punishments, that I personally consider to be way over the top. But then, in the great scheme of things, humans are such perverse creatures, are they not? Fortunately, the sentence is usually commuted to, excoriating vilification and castigation. Needless to say, much to the delight of the masochists and sadists amongst the crew.

To date, Mr/Ms dspady, no member of the crew has been cast adrift or banished for expressing an opinion. Scrivs motley crew of: Nerdoells; Deadbeats; No-hopers; Narcissists; Deviants; Scallywags and Miscreants, are nothing if not democratic. Their right to Freedom of Speech is jealously guarded, and indeed, that rights exercising, openly encouraged.

Mr Joachim,
Think yourself lucky it doesnt resemble Vic-ks side of the Writer`sRoom.

Take care
Fluff

Glad to see you’ve changed your t-shirt, Keith. At last :wink:

Eh? :open_mouth:

The red one? Off World Colonies?
Go check your easter egg :wink:

Ah, thought that’s what you might mean. :slight_smile:

What is the protocol with Easter eggs? Do you have to just hope you stumble on it or are certain people willing to tell you where they are?

You gotta find the suckers! No cheating allowed. :wink:

[size=80]That said, there might be a black market for these things.[/size]

Keith, et al, thank you for a most excellent effort, particularly in hearing people’s requirements. I sincerely hope it’s a commercial success for you.

I’ve not posted on this forum before. I was a freelancer in spare time for 28 years, beginning in 1974. This last few months I’ve been making a little of a comeback.

When I started, and for most of my writing career, I used shoe boxes of index cards. Seemingly hundreds of them piled a against a wall. Oh, and an Adler Prima typewriter. I did move on to Win 95, but there wasn’t much software for writers.

A few months ago a Mac User Group member pointed me towards Scrivener - 1.5 I think. There’s not much that blows me away, but this did. And now 2. My MUG friend wrote … Scrivener won’t write a book for you, it won’t tell you about style etc., but you’ll write a better piece with Scrivener.

Just to complete my arsenal, is there a good desktop manuscript submission prog? I use Write Again on an old PC, but I’d love to get the whole works on my iMac.

Go get a holiday Keith!

Thanks, Ostrava!

That’s my pleasure. I don’t give praise or accolades lightly. But Scrivener 2 deserves it.

So you have a holiday too!

I’m frustrated and sad. I cannot find Keith’s easter egg. I’ve found one that gives me quotes, but Keith said something cryptic about poking around to see vids or pics of him and the ‘team.’ And clearly there are easter eggs like this to be found. My eyes are tired from looking. Please, are these eggs hidden in the program or on the site (is it possible to have easter eggs on a web site??)?

Oh yes. :slight_smile: There are all kinds of places to hide eggs. When I worked in DVD production, we used to put extremely difficult to find easter eggs in the DVD menu code. There are even hardware easter eggs. Messages printed at the microscopic level on chips, suchlike. We are surrounded by a world of pranksters’ jokes being propagated by factories and digital machines.

I still haven’t been able to download the new Scrivener but I’ve written two novels in the previous one (one about to be published). However as a first impression I have to agree that I prefer the old icon. And I’ve quoted the text above because it is a big deal for many of us. As the word icon implies, it’s the symbol of the entire software. And the old icon was a sleek, elegant and very professional icon -both aesthectically and symbolically. The new one looks a bit childish and amateurish. The S was implied as it should be in the old icon. It could have been stressed a bit more (if it was felt necessary) but not by putting a large S in the middle and destroying the entire aesthetics.

Of course it can be replaced, thats beside the point, but why have the wizards in the Scrivener team taken a step backward in the icon, while everything else seems to have gone forward -inc. the general software GUI?

Small things count shrumpkin.

I shall write my gratitude and praise for the software as soon as I get it. I’m sure it deserves many.

Btw, I’m writing all this as a full time designer who have designed over 600 published books and many many company icons. Not that its somthing I want to brag about… I just know to some extent what I’m talking about. And I really felt the old icon gave a good first impression that told me this is a professional piece of software.