Scrivener 3 Themes (Windows)

Oh, brilliant! That worked perfectly. Thank you so much, Jim!

All the best,
Merri

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Changing tooltip appearance

boring green grey theme

GreenGrey.scrtheme (64.6 KB)

3 Likes

Papirus Red.scrtheme (108.6 KB)
Papirus Blue.scrtheme (108.5 KB)

6 Likes

Come check out my Ko-Fi theme shop! All themes are for Windows & FREE, but tips are welcome. All my publicly available themes are there, from my original DOS Terminal to a whole set of light mode rainbow colors.

Also accepting $2 custom requests. Get a personal theme tailored to your style! (Reference/inspiration image required.)

7 Likes

@AntoniDol, is there a repository for your themes? I’d like to browse them.

Oops, found it downthread here: https://ko-fi.com/shellnut/shop

Thanks,

Thomas

Sorry, @Zee63 … clicking the link shows “File does not exist”. Looks promising. Could you provide another links?

Thomas

All my themes are in this thread, except the TropicalNight theme, you can find here.
All Themes here are free. You can get a 50% discount with the coupon in the Windows book for TropicalNight.

1 Like

Here is an updated and corrected version of SolarizedDark (again):
This one has white arrows in TreeView controls like the Binder, Outliner and Keyboard Settings.

SolarizedDarkWhiteBinderArrows

Do read the Readme.txt file for the place to store the custom icons that come with this Theme.
Use Window > Themes > Import Theme… to place the Theme in the Themes folder and on the Custom Themes menu.
Alternatively, use Window > Themes > Load Theme from file… to place the Theme in the Themes menu until an other Theme is selected.

SolarizedDarkWhiteBinderIconsTheme.zip (588.3 KB)

Njoy!

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Change selection/border colour of index cards in themes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Changing background colour of Composition toolbar

Is it possible (possibly easy) to convert a theme for Mac into a them for Windows?

I’ve found one I really like (except for the interface window color in general) but it is only for Mac

I’m trying to decide if it is worth buying or if I’d be wasting my money.

Thanks

No. It’s possible to re-create it. From Mac to Win it could be flawless. From Win to Mac UI-elements like MenuBar, Menus, Buttons, etc. cannot be styled.

Buying a macOS Theme for use in Windows is a waste of money, because it will not work.
Buying a Windows Theme for use in macOS won’t work either.

So, which Theme for Mac would you like to re-create for Windows?

I really like this one. I am trying to re-create it but with surrounding interface in the dark blue/green color.

https://www.etsy.com/dk-en/listing/1454358567/scrivener-theme-for-mac-dusk-evening?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=scrivener+themes&ref=sr_gallery-1-12&organic_search_click=1
I started with the Solarized Dark to try and achieve it, but I cannot get the lines in notes or the background image, etc. I did a screen grab and color dropper-ed it in Photoshop but this is as close as I’ve come.

THEME COLORS 2

1 Like

Looks impressive already! (Not so fond of the CAPITAL letters in the menus, though)

To get the background, you should recreate the color gradient, set your Editor to Fixed Width and assign the background in: File > Options > Appearance > Main Editor > Color > Fixed Width Background.

Here are some images that may help you: ThemeImages.zip (75.7 KB)

I wish you success!

1 Like

I’m really liking the beige and mint combination. Looking forward to trying it out.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m trying but I wish I was any good at coding

As of two years ago, apparently the lined notes panel of the inspector was only available for Mac versions and still hasn’t made it to Windows.

I found the info on a reddit thread but I don’t know if it’s allowed here.

This one? https://www.reddit.com/r/scrivener/comments/mortjh/notes_with_lines_the_smallest_issue_the_biggest/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=1
So now, there’s an intermediate alternative :crazy_face: