unable to verify your activation for more then two months

Happening to me again too. Very unpleasant surprise starting work this morning to have this happening again. Wish they would get it sorted.

@Scrivener Support: are you working on this issue? Will there be a new version released that fixes this bug? If so, any idea when?

Sorry for the many questions, but I opened a support ticket last week, but unfortunately haven’t heard back. It would be nice to know whether this is being addressed as the message pops up every time I open Scrivener.

Mine is doing it again too. Thought it had been fixed with deactivate, uninstall, install, reactivate. Don’t feel like doing that again but interestingly even though I got the error message Scrivener still seems activated.

Yes, we are working on it. We’ve supplied an updated Scrivener.exe file to a few users having issues, and will push an official release if that test is successful.

Katherine

Ah great. Thanks for getting back to me. Let’s hope it works.

I am also now having this issue as of this evening, Help please? :slight_smile:
scrivener license activation issue.png

I am having the same issue. I’d be glad for any advice.

These days I am getting similar error message when I start scrivener:

"Your automatic re-activation with our license provider has failed for more than 3 months.

Scrivener has been unable to verify you activation for more than 3 months. After 6 months, Scrivener will revert to trial mode. Please ensure your computer is connected to the Internet and restart Scrivener to verify activation.

Error: "

I must say it is disturbing for, as far as know, there should not be any problem with my activation.

L&L says they are working on a new fix. Let’s all have some patience.

Just logging in to follow this - haven’t read right the way through but getting the same messages and gather a fix is on its way? Thanks.

We need this info as a pinned thread on the top of the forum, up until the issue gets resolved.

We have too many people starting new threads, which leads to scattering the useful information and making it hard to discover.

Like pinned threads will help. People expect forums to be Write Once, Read Never these days.

I fixed the earlier problem on my machine by installing 1.9.14.0 when it was released on Sept 18 (or 17th) and everything was ok. I checked this forum on Oct5 and saw that a new error message was appearing - the 3 to 6 months message - and hoped that some fix would be found rapidly.

After a few days’ absence, I started Scrivener today and now I too am a ‘happy’ member of the 3 to 6 club but not too worried because I should have another 3 months before cut off.

But I do note that another week has gone by, more and more users are registering this problem and the fix is not here yet, although undoubtedly getting closer (like the release of v3).

Fingers crossed !

This is a long thread, but like my compatriot above ^ I have joined the 3-6 month group.

Though I only read 80% of the thread before skipping to the end, it appears that the licensing issue is still ongoing.
Since I still have 3 more months, I am fine waiting for the new update. Besides, I can still use the trial version after that with almost no loss of functionality. (I should finish my next book by then too.)

Just in case though I need to find my activation key, which I have misplaced.

Katherine, Thank you.
I’ve never had any problems with Scrivener before, and I fully believe that L&L has our backs.
Let’s just be patient and keep writing.

After installing the latest version today, when Scrivener prompted me to update, I am having no problems with using Scrivener. Unlike the last defect, which was hitting everyone, this one seems to be user-specific. So it’s a good idea to raise a ticket for your problem, and let L&L tech support work with you.

A few weeks ago or thereabouts, I received the update that fixed this Activation Error. Everything has been fine up until today. 20 minutes ago I opened Scrivener and received that same error as before the update again. How can I fix this error now?
The text of the error is:

[b]Activation Verification
Your automatic re-activation with our license provider has failed for more than 3 months.

Scrivener has been unable to verify your activation for more than 3 months, After 6 months, Scrivener will revert to trial mode. Please ensure your computer is connected to the Internet and restart Scrivener to verify your activation.

Error:[/b]
Thanks

I hope this update is going out global soon - I haven’t received a notification of it and I’m currently in the ‘3-to-6 month’ club myself.

If the problem is verifying the activation of the user, would asking the user to demonstrate his activation be a solution?

I got the same error when I turned it on today (after another update).

I’ve received the same error message:
Your automatic re-activation with our license provider has failed for more than 3 months. Scrivener has been unable to verify your activation for more than 3 months, after 6 months, scrivener will revert to trial mode, please ensure your computer is connected to the internet and restart scrivener to verify your activation. Error Cannot configure License Manager could not exchange data with the server.

Its the second time I’ve received this. I’ve had Scrivener for over a year, and its been registered.