Welcome about to our new support team members!

Hello all,

Some of you have already noticed the additions to the moderator list, but it is with the greatest pleasure that I introduce three new team members who will be helping out with support on the forums and via email - you may well already know some of them:

Katherine Derbyshire (kewms on the forums)

Astrid Stevens (Siren on the forums)

Jeffrey Allen (Cosmicjive on the forums)

Over the next week you will start to see them answering questions in a more “official” capacity, and if you email us, from now on you may well receive a reply from one of them. Ioa, Jennifer and I will still be around (although Jennifer less so for the next couple of months, for happy reasons I will leave to her to disclose should she so wish), although Ioa will start to work on other things on top of support from now on, so he might be around a tiny bit less as time goes on.

So, welcome aboard Astrid, Jeffrey and Katherine!

All the best,
Keith

Welcome and congratulations!

Thank you for the welcome. This week saw the fifth anniversary of my love affair with Scrivener, and I have used the software almost every day of those five years for academic work, fiction and non-fiction (depending on what I am working on at the time). I am delighted to have joined the team. It’s a bit scary, though – we have all come to expect wonderful levels of support here, so there’s a lot to live up to.

On a lighter note, despite what you may have read in the bilges of “And Now For That Latte”, rumours of my exotic and immoderate addictions are sadly unfounded. Not least because of supply issues in the quiet backwater where I live. My forum life is so much more interesting than reality :slight_smile:

It’s great to be on board, and I’m looking forward to whatever the voyage brings.

Anchors aweigh!
Astrid
(I think that is probably the first time I have ever used my real name on an open internet forum!)

I have a sneaky suspicion that you are not in the minority there. I can say that my real life is jsut as boring as my online life. Which should explain many many many many things.
[quote=“one is is now named”
Astrid
(I think that is probably the first time I have ever used my real name on an open internet forum!)[/quote]
I wish I had seen this name 18 years ago. If I had I think there would be another Astrid in the scriv user base (my kid is using scriv now).

Katherine and Astrid
Welcome to the tiller/steering wheel, girls. And not before time.
Good luck, me hearties!! Ahrrghh!! Jim lad
Vic
Katherine's Rose.jpg
Astrid's Rose.jpg

Jeff,
Welcome to Scriv’s bridge. Just keep y’re eye on the girls, they’can be a bit on the assertive side, those two. Need to gird y’ loins ,pal.
Good luck.
Jeff's tipple.jpg

vic,k warning about people to ,watch out for,?
:smiley:

welcome all. i was starting to worry that kb only associated with women whose names begin with the letter ,j,. glad to discover it was just coincidence and not some weird obsessive behaviour.

Floss wrote: “vic,k warning about people to ,watch out for,?”

And why not cousin? Even he can’t be wrong all the time. And anyway Jeff is only an inexperienced young fella. Whereas, those two have been around the block a good few times.

Fluff

fluff wrote, And why not cousin? Even he can’t be wrong all the time.

good point. voice of experience and all that.

and jeff cant be that young, he,s seen the film dune and everything

I thought Astrids was them rocks that circle the earth and occasionally fetch it a whack when the gene pools start to get a bit thick.

AHAB SAID: I thought Astrids was them rocks that circle the earth and occasionally fetch it a whack when the gene pools start to get a bit thick.

Nah you’re thinking of Metrids?

Hmmmm. Maybe my science is faulty. Astrids is rocks circling the earth looking for something to whack, and when one up and decides it’s got a target it becomes a Metrid?

Or is Metrid that math stuff Europeans use so wrenches don’t fit onto nuts right.

Ahab wrote: “…use so ******** don’t fit onto nuts right.” Sorry… was that wrenches or wenches? Can’t find my spectacles.

Doesn’t take him long to revert to type, but I bet it takes a hell of a lot longer for the MODERATORS to do anything about it. tch!tch!tch!
Fluff

It’s MATHS. You can’t just go missing letters out of words as you see fit.
Lunacy!

pigfender wrote: “Lunacy!”
Don’t y’ mean Lucy? youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

Hello all!

I’ve already introduced myself over on this post <Should it be congratulations... because it looked like a mob was gathering over at ye olde pitchfork and torch emporium, and I needed to do something quick. For your convenience, I’ll repost that here:

Now, onto new business. There has been some speculation about my age. All I will say is that your fearless leader Keith and I could have been in the same class in school – aside from the fact that we were on different sides of the planet. And my dear Floss, while I very much enjoy David Lynch’s fine film, I’ve also read Dune. This is a writer’s forum, after all :wink:

As for the warnings about the ladies, well, I’m afraid I’m taken. Or at least I will be. In 78 days. I think I need a drink.

-Jeff

Blimey - and you still have the [zombie] dance moves! :slight_smile:

KB,

1. You are officially banned from starting any threads. You break BBCode for anyone who is not you.
  2. Why do you think they are “zombie” dance moves? Imagine what they were before!

JEFF SAID: “All I will say is that your fearless leader Keith and I could have been in the same class in school – aside from the fact that we were on different sides of the planet.”

would that be when he was studying, or teaching?

:smiley: