Who's in?

I’m contemplating doing it this year. I was too badly burnt out last year because of icky day job. That went away, and so’s the burnout.

I’ve got an idea, but it would take a metric crapload of research. Not sure I could get downtown to a decent research library before it starts, though.

I’m doing NaNo this year. I’ve never contemplated my idea for so long, yet planned my plot so little before. This weekend is going to be a marathon of outlining and laundry.

You can always just hand-wave some things if you don’t have time for the research, and edit or add it later.

garpu,
as young Robert points out:

Isn’t the object of the NaNuNaNuNaNu exercise, a quantitive one, and not qualitative. 50Ks worth of a rough outline of a first draft in 30 days, would more than qualify you as a ‘Winner’.

Quite often you’ll read of members of Scriv’s crew, going on to develop the stuff they churned out in this or that year’s effort, into a full-blown literary work.

The research can be done at your leisure, without the stress of a deadline. :wink:
Take care
vic

Golly gee, Mister Vic-k, you sure know a lot about NaNoNa-Na-Na-Naaaa-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Naaaaa-Na. Did they have something like it back before the inner-net and electricity and all that?

Nahh…we 'ad, OBLA DI OBLA DA.
youtube.com/watch?v=HPoNH4gidLg

Not to mention the somewhat more sedate and disciplined version

http://youtu.be/Nj4P04u26mU

I’m in! Though hopefully my binder will be filled with something other than bibble-dee babble-du nanu blork!

Though, perhaps the Swedish Chef could make an appearance this year.

And if there are any other bilge rats around, I’ll be at the Portland kick-off party later today.

IF?!! There’s no if about it, young Master Ioa…they’re everywhere!
Good Luck everybody.
Fluff

Trust a cat to know where the rats congregate! :wink:

:wink: :smiling_imp:

Too bad there’s not a “Elsewhere: Lit & Latte-via” region we could all join. Not that it would really do anything really, but… you know… it’d be neat. Like having a secret handshake or something.

Would that be on Orbital?

True…the idea is based on historical people/places, though. Planning? Who needs planning? :wink:

well… We move house on the 30th October… wont have internet until possibly 4-5 weeks after that…

so what else am I going to do without all the distractions (other than unpacking… putting things up. moving things about… painting… etc etc etc) :wink:

I’m in :slight_smile:

nanowrimo.org/en/participants/naquada/

I must decide between completing my dissertation, or writing a novel. Oh, and I could write some philosophical fiction, or write an original dissertation in the shape of a novel…

Paolo

I’m in… You can find me here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/staceyuk

Could write your dissertation as a novel? With interpretive dance, too? :slight_smile: It’s a real thing: tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/200 … ertations/

garpu, great idea! A dissertation, a novel and a dance all at the same time! I’ll start writing the music for that.

Signor Paolo,
Just remember: you only have 30 days…not five years! :slight_smile:
Good Luck
Fluff

If you want to get all buddy-buddy, you can find my profile here: nanowrimo.org/en/participants/betawulf