Novel-in-a-Day 9

Of course I’m researching French morgues at 8:30 am in the morning…

I love NIAD!

Ok, not that any of you will care but I’ve figured out what caused the problem with the unreadable column in the briefing pack table…

It’s completely visible in MacOS Dark Mode (which I’m running) but invisible in Light Mode.
Strangely appropriate, but irritating none-the-less. Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused and if you are still having trouble reading it, let me know and I’ll copy and paste the text into an email for you!

Unrelated 'cause it’s a lovely, warm, sunny day here and I’m trying to get in the mood by way of listening to Bohren & Der Club of Gore (unsuccessfully so far) but I have to say — your signature is great! How’d you do it, and can I get one too?

Hellooo - am I to assume that vampires are freakishly strong?

After clarification of a couple of background plot details with Pigfender, I have to scrap all of the 1200 words that I have written so far, and start again. All I can rescue is 100 words of inner musing. To think that I had hoped to finish at lunch time! :frowning:

“Slightly stronger-than-human strength” is the wisdom I’ve received.

Yes have tried still cannot read sorry any chance of another copy thank you

Sent!

We’ve had the first chapter in, by the way! (it actually came in an hour ago, but I’ve been answering questions!)

Grumble-grumble-grumble

Thats interesting I printed first from my phone which has dark mode and that did not work not updated my mac which I am using today thought would wait until after,.

Not your fault pigfender we are eternally grateful to you for the hard work you put into this every year for us.

Thank you :smiley:

Thanks for figuring this out. We care.

Ohhhh just had a thought… can Vampires go out in the day? Clenches everything in fear

The cat, who I love dearly, and who is incredibly miffed I’m not giving her enough attention, has decided to come on heat.
So I have her yowling in one ear, and her-indoors laughing in the other. Also, it’s cold, bleak and drizzling.
If this is method writing, I’m not keen.

Yes, but they tend to burn up unless completely covered. :smiling_imp:

Oh balls.

Could they for instance work in a mall where there is no natural light at all?

April or May lighter days could they get there, maybe wear a hoody:)

Well… I’ve slept on it and since the cat is out of the bag (unless the cat IS the bag which proves Schrödinger right as cat would exist both and and out the bag simultaneously) I hate this genre. I shall do my best to not make this a monty python sketch gone sideways.

Although… that’s not a bad idea.

Seriously though. My best idea has been to cut/paste the brief and write a different story around it. This is why I’ll never make a living as a writer… i can’t do what i’m told.

That and I write in Hicklish not American. But that’s the lesser problem.