Novel-in-a-Day 9

You say this every year.

Does that make it less true?

Anyone else complain of all the tables being black on black?

And I literally checked for updates at 5:30. Now OSX is forcing them installed even though I have that turned off. As bad as Microsoft.

Dude. Try to focus. :unamused:

[b][size=150]HELLO! FOR SOME REASON, SOME PEOPLE ARE REPORTING THE TABLE FOR THEIR BRIEF SHOWING AS BLACK ON BLACK. I SUSPECT THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HOW YOUR RTF READER IS PARSING THE TABLE.

IF THIS IS AFFECTING YOU, PLEASE TRY OPENING YOU BRIEF IN ANOTHER APP. IF YOU STILL AHVE PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW AND I’LL EMAIL YOU A READABLE COPY.[/size][/b]

Nothing on OSX opened the file other than black on black table. But, scrivener let me set column 1 to black text on "nothing. background. Looking at the RTF (which hurt my head) it does look like a legit background color being set.

Anywhoooo.

NO!!! YOU CAN’T MAKE ME!!!

We’re supposed to be able to read? No one said reading was a qualification.

Open Office sorted out the black table problemette. It looks beautiful, now. Beautiful!

Also, if you highlight the table it’s readable.

ya know what didn’t work? selecting the table, then making the text white! then I yelled at piggy for messing up column 2!

Mr Fender, if you have a moment your email may contain a legit (and a few illegitimate) questions.

A)

To fix the black-on-black left column of the chapter brief table in Scrivener: click into the table, Select All. Then select Format > Table… Change the Cell Background Color Fill from black to white.

B)

The rtf opens and the table is fine in Word.

C)

The left column of the table is just the labels that indicate what each of the five rows of the table represent – which are (for the record):

1. Background
  2. Things that have already happened
  3. Begins with
  4. Chapter Details
  5. Ends with

gr

Are you surrre?

According to my wife… no.

I’m operating under a much more compressed timeframe than I’d prefer, so … I’m done. Not with any of the poetry I’d like, but the chapter is … functional. I’m holding off on sending it though, in case I come up with a surge of brilliance in the night, and before my day-long event. [Which I suppose means I’m almost certain to forget to send it at all.] Still, it is, in some way, finished.

No. Just no. You are not allowed to be done. Go do it again.

Oh good gracious. By what demonic power…? Wait, don’t answer that, Evil Overlord.

And here I was feeling good about having hit 500 words already. What sorcery is this?

I keep having questions. :confused:
Thank you, Pigfender for being there for me. :smiley: So much for resting. :smiley:

Hi everyone!

When I first read my brief from Mr Piggy, I experienced a severe case of Writer’s Block.

When this happens, I usually muddle through, but this time I emailed him a few questions for clarification,and his answers have made me feel SO much better -especially since I correctly guessed the identity of one of the characters. I think I’ve been given an early chapter, so there weren’t many clues.

I shan’t be able to start writing until late morning.

I can’t believe someone has finished ALREADY!!! :mrgreen:

It is a dark and stormy night here. The wind howls and rattles at our windows. Or maybe it is as still as pitch and a lone train whistle can be heard in the distance. How am I supposed to think with all these distractions? Perhaps I should go down to the basement where it is silent and dark and snug and write by the illumination of my screen.

It is an nice novel :slight_smile:

Now to let it simmer. I will do a final polish on this little turd of mine in the morning. I don’t hate it now, I hope to love it in the morning.