Way of making dark mode text highlights more readable

As a follow up to this topic, could somebody please give an advice?

The issue is that if you’re using the Highlighter tool (not text selection!) with dark themes, you are limited to obnoxious bright basic colours like solid Red, Blue etc. and can’t use pastel default Highlighter colours since they render light text of a dark theme almost invisible. Can this (colour of text under Highlighter) be changed in theme colour prefs? If yes, then where and how the setting is called?

Below is the illustration of what I have in mind:

изображение

Thanks in advance!

This is an interesting question, but I’ll have to investigate. It might even be possible to use a semi-transparant color, but I don’t think that will work in dark Themes. :wink:

I’ve tried:

SCRProjectHighlightLevel,
HighlighterColor,
SCRProjectHighlight,
SCRTextHighlighter,
SCRHighlighterCss {
   background-color: fuchsia;
   color: fuchsia;
   border: 1px solid fuchsia;
}

but no luck: nothing lights up in neon purple. :frowning:

Actually it’s not hard to pick a suitable mid-tone color using the Show Colors… option in the Highlight color drop-down menu. You have the entire RGB-palette available… And Scrivener remembers your choice, even between writing sessions.

Would be great if you could uncover it! :slight_smile:

Actually, transparency would work quite fine. I took the same colours and made a mockup with GIMP. Highlighter at 50% opacity will look like this:

изображение

Still readable. And it must be noted that my text colour is not white, which means that for white text (or less opacity) it will be even better.

1 Like

Thanks for taking time to look. Too bad nothing worked out. :frowning:

Since there’s no way to replace five default colours at the top of palette and there doesn’t seem to be a way to keep new custom colours on the palette below, custom text colour would’ve been the best solution. Alas.

Thank you anyway. :slight_smile: